Newt- Joking

I sighed heading towards the gardens for my usual job. The sky was clear as crystals, not a single cloud. Sunlight beaming down and heating up the glade. The grass was as green as ever from taking in as much sunlight as it could. Newt was walking towards me with a grin on his face.

" Hey Y/n, you know, I'm jealous of you" he said.

"Umm, why?" I asked confused.

"Because your partner is way hotter than mine" he said starting to walk off.

"What?" I asked "wait...but... we're DATIN..."

I realised what he just said.

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground.

"AHHH" he yelled "STOP! I'M SORRY LOVE! I WAS ONLY JOKING!"

I forced my shovel into the rich earth and detached the roots of the weeds, pulling them out. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead as I worked.

I felt arms wrapped around me and a head rest on my shoulder.

"What do you want Newt?" I asked with heavy breaths.

"Nothing" he said.

I pushed my shovel a little too hard and accidentally pulled off some tomatoes from where they were growing.

"Crap!" I said.

"Why are you like this?" He asked.

"Yeah, you know you love me" I said picking them up.

"Where did you get that idea?" He said.

I turned around to look at him, I felt tears swelling up in my eyes threatening to fall.

"WAIT!LOVE! OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT I WAS ONLY JOKING I LOVE YOU!" He said hugging me tightly.

I slapped the back of his head.

"OW!" he complained " ok I kind of deserved that"

He pecked my lips before heading off to do his work.

Warmth stretched across my body as the bonfire burned endlessly. I was sitting between Newts legs resting on his stomach, my head tucked into his neck.

He yawned.

"Yeah, being pretty must be tiring" I said.

"Then you must be exhausted" he said .

I blushed slightly, then kissed his neck affectionately. He kissed the top of my head then we both started to drift off to sleep.

But before I fell asleep, I heard him mutter something sleepily.

"I love you"

I love you too newtie.