Benny- my girl - part 4

Y/n pov

I felt the warmth of Benny's body radiate of me. My number one rule has now been broken, but I didn't care. It was the best feeling I had ever had. Only one thing stood in the way. Benny wanted Beth and the only reason I was even here was to get them together. I carefully wriggled out of his grasp, without waking him up. I panicked a little when he stirred but luckily he stayed fast asleep. Grabbing me little silk dressing gown, I slipped it over my body and headed for the door. It made no notice as I discretely opened it and tiptoed out. Quietly, I scuttled down to main reception and grabbed the check in book. My eyes scanned for her name until I found it, it was true.

Beth Harmon, room number 45.

Her room was right next to mine and Benny's. No doubt that she heard everything we did. He did it on purpose to get her attention. He didn't do it because he wanted to. I put the book back and rushed back up to our room. Rather than getting back in with Benny I slept in my own bed.
This was my own fault. I can't get wrapped up into this. You're only here to do a favour for a friend.

Benny POV

I woke up to an empty feeling in the bed. I could no longer feel Y/n's warmth next to me. I got up straight away to get ready. Today was the last day. I will be competing against Beth. Then after that, going home. Y/n wasn't in the room when I woke up. She was probably made at me. I did use her. I felt bad for her, but that was what she agreed to.

Before we started the game we shook hands and got on with it. I was expecting to lose however Beth was focusing on double pawns and I actually won.

"Benny" she said.

"Yes"

"I'm going to Russia"

"To play, I know" I said " perhaps you should get some training?"

"Who from?"

"I could"

"How?"

"You could come back to New York with me, stay in my apartment"

"Ok" she smiled.

I turned around to see Y/n, she looked quite sad. I felt bad for her. She would  have to sit in a car with me and Beth for hours. And she didn't even know yet.