Newt- Voices

Newts pov:

I was in the garden, tending to my tomatoes. They were looking a little dried out so I decided to water them to keep them hydrated. Something felt...off about today. I didn't know what, but there was just a weird feeling in my gut, knawing away.

However I decided to ignore it and get on with my day. Everything seemed to be running normally in the glade. No issues whatsoever. Maybe I was just overthinking, or overworked. Or perhaps Frypans stew had gave me a bad stomach.

"Hey Tommy" I greeted Tommy as he got back from his run.

"Hey" He said " Has Fry finished cooking up dinner yet? I'm starving"

"Not quite, but I think it's bacon tonight"

"Lucky me, that's my favourite, see you later Newt" He patted my back.

But just as he was about to leave, the deafening greenie alarm stopped him. We looked at eachother in shock before sprinting over to the box.

The others began to gather around, as the box came up. Eventually, the alarm stopped. No one dared move towards it.So Alby took action, and opened the doors, hopping inside.

"What do you see Alby?" Gally asked.

"I uh, it's a, a girl" He replied.

Everyone broke put into chatter, confused and also curious. Some nearer the front tried to lean foward to get a look at mysterious new arrival.

"Gally give me a hand would ya?" Alny shouted up.

Gally barged through the crowd and helped Alby heave the girl out of the box and lay her onto the grass.

She was a pretty girl. Not that I recall seeing any pretty girls, but I knew she was definitely pretty. She lay motionless, her chest rising and falling as she breathed. Her Y/hs Y/hc hair was so shiny and her skin Y/sc, and soft.

There was something about this girl, that felt familiar to me, but I couldn't place it.

"Why is she asleep?" Someone asked.

"MEDJACKS!" Alby bellowed.

Clint and Jeff emerged from the crowed and inspected the girl while everyone else waited patiently. The anticipation rising every second.

"She's just in a coma" Jeff explained " We should get her to the medjack hut, look after her there until she wakes up"

"Ok, you two take her, everyone else back to work" Alby ordered.

Everyone started to wander away, as the two medjacks lifted the girl and carried her away. I was frozen in my stance like a statue, watching her as she got smaller.

"You Alright Newt?" Thomas asked snapping me out of my daze.

"Uh, yeah Tommy, better get back to work"

As I tended to my plants, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Why did she feel so familiar to me? It was racking my brain just thinking about it. The memory felt so close yet so far, it was frustrating.

"Newt, what are you doing still working? Everyone left to eat fifteen minutes ago?" Tommy asked.

"Oh, um, sorry I guess I just lost track of time"

"Alright, well, let's go before all the bacon's gone"

"Tommy?"

"Yeah?" He stopped.

I thought for a second. Should I tell him about how the girl felt familiar to me?

"Nevermind let's go"

Probably not the best idea. I should keep it to myself.

I struggled to eat, picking at my bacon. The thought of her was making every part of me boil in annoyance. I wished I could remember.

"You alright man?" Minho asked.

"Oh yeah I'm just not very hungry"

"Not hungry!" Thomas said with a mouthful of bacon, grease dripping down his chin " have you tasted this?"

"Nothing against Frypan's bacon, I'm just not feeling so great"

"I bet it's that girl he's thinking about" Minho chuckled " Pretty hot wasn't she?"

" I think I'm just going to bed" I cleared my throat and left the table.

I went to bed that night, trying to forget about the whole thing. But it just wouldn't go away, like reoccurring rash. I closed my eyes, turned over, pulled the covers up, turned over again, pushed the covers off and rolled onto my back, but I couldn't fall asleep. So I gave up, and got out of bed to sneek out of my hut.

Maybe if I saw her, I would remember. Then I could put my mind at ease.

I snuck into the medjacks hut, and there she was. Sleeping. I pulled out a chair next to the bed and sat down. As much as I examined her face, nothing came back. After I decided I had watched her for too long, I gave in and went to leave.

But before my hand could touch the door handle, a voice echoed loudly making me stop in my tracks.

Newt, I know you're there, don't leave! Help me!