Newt- The key

⚠️Has things from the books so if you haven't read them there will be spoilers just a warning. I have changed some things though.⚠️

Y/n pov:

I sat on the little bed, my legs dangling over the edge. I was all alone in this dark room. I had no idea where the others were,but I wish I was with them. I hated being alone, it made me feel...vunerable. sighing, I got up and walked towards the little bathroom, switching on the light. I walked over to the sink, turning the tap on and splashing the cool water on my face. Staring into my reflection in the mirror I tried to search for someone, someone I knew. But i couldn't find her, I couldn't recognise her. At least not the person from the past, she was long gone now.

I turned the tap off again and switched off the light to leave. When I went back into my room I was alarmed to see a large group of people there.

"Y/n!" Newt said running up to me and holding me.

"What-how did you? What's going on?" I asked.

"We don't know, it's all so confusing" Minho said.

"Is there anyone else out there?" I asked.

"Uhhhhhh... I suggest that you don't go out there it's... gross"

I opened the door a little, instantly regretting my decision after getting a glimpse at the gruesome sight. Bodies hung from the ceiling, dead.

I almost threw up but managed to choak it down, closing the door and looking back to the crowed of boys trying to erase the image.

"Who is that?" I asked looking at a kid I've never seen before.

"Aris" Thomas said " there was another maze of just girls and him"

"Huh, maybe I was put in the wrong one" I joked " Hey Aris what's that on your wrist?"

"What?" He looked down.

He looked at the black writing on his wrist.

"How did that get there?" He asked.

"I've got one too!" Someone else shouted.

Everyone started looking at their wrists and reading them out. I looked at mine:

Subject A0, group A, The key

The key? What was that supposed to mean. What was I a key for?

"What does yours say?" I asked Newt.

"Subject A5, group A, The glue?"

"Maybe because you're the kind of glue that holds us all together" Minho said.

"What's yours?" Newt asked.

"Uhh Subject A0, group A, The key"

"Key?"

"I would have thought you were the lock" Minho smirked.

"What?"

"You know, and Newt's the key"

"Minho!" Newt scolded " I will kill you myself!"

"You'd have to catch me first!"

"Ok we all need to just calm dow..
" I started.

An awful noise pierced through the air, bursting my eardrums. It sounded almost like the greenie alarm.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Newt asked.

We all stood, covering our ears until the noise stopped.

"Guys" Thomas said " you may want to take a look at this"

We all shuffled to the door to see. All of the bodies, were gone.