Newt- simulation

My eardrums rang as explosions erupted around me. I instinctively covered my head with my hands at the bang.

"Minho,Y/n" said Thomas "get the serum"

I clutched my shotgun tighter, about to stand up.

"Y/n" Newt coughed "wait"

I turned to look at Newt in the eyes. He looked so Ill. Black, poisoned veins , across his neck and face, ebony , intoxicated blood dripping from his mouth. His once gorgeous brown eyes, blood-shot. His blonde hair stuck to his sweaty forehead.

"Come here, please"

I went over to him, trying my best to contain myself. It was tormenting to see him like this.

"I wanted, to do this, in a better way, but I don't think I'll get another chance" he said.

He Pulled a little circular box out of his pocket, about the size of a plum.
He took my hand in his and gently caressed his thumb over my hand, comforting.

He opened the box and took out two rings and my heart stopped.

"Newt..." I whimpered.

"Y/n, marry me?"

"Newt... you're dying...I" I choaked.

" I know,that's why I'm asking you now"

He slipped the ring on my finger and kissed my forehead.

" I hate to ruin the moment, but we gotta go if we want to get the serum in time" said Minho.

Minho was right. We needed to get the serum if Newt was going to make it back.

"It's ok Newt, I'll see you soon" I said.

I hurried with Minho through the explosions and burning buildings. I ran quickly desperate to get the serum. I made it to where Brenda was waiting and I wasted no time.

"BRENDA! THE SERUM!" I shouted.

She snapped her head up at me and chucked it to me. I caught it and cupped it in my hands. A little bottle full of blue liquid. This was it. This was going to save Newt.

"Y/n you'll be quicker if you go now, your faster, I'll be behind you" Minho said.

I turned and bolted through the fire, burning and destruction. Guns firing around me and buildings collapsing. My heart pumped furiously as I sprinted ahead. I ran as fast as I could,  I had to make it in time.

As I ran Thomas and Newt came into view. I stopped. Newt pushed himself into Thomas making the knife peirce into his chest.

"NO!" I screamed.

I ran foward and caught Newt in my arms. He showed no signs of life.

"NEWT!NEWT! PLEASE NEWT WAKE UP I NEED YOU! NEWT! NOO PLEASE"

Thomas walked away.

Tears flooded down my cheeks and uncontrollable sobs left my throat. I pulled his head up into my chest and kissed his head. I wasn't fast enough. It's my fault, he's dead.

I saw Minho,Brenda and Gally standing there, their faces full of shock and despair.

A loud Boom echoed around us.

"Y/n come on we've got to go" said Minho.

"I'm not leaving him" I said.

"If we don't go now we'll be dead too" said Gally.

"I CAN'T LEAVE HIM!" I sobbed.

Minho grabbed hold of my torso and pulled me away from him.

"NOOO!NOOO!" I cried.

My eyes bolted open and I sat up. Sweat collected on my skin and my chest rose and fell as I took hollow breaths. I was lying in a bed in a white room, some sort of machine beeping. Tubes and wires were coming out of me. I looked around the room and saw a woman looking at a computer.

"What's going on?" I asked.

She turned to look at me with a smile on her face. Not so much a reassuring smile but not a sinister one either.

She spoke five words.

"You've woke from your simulation"