Newt- Double booked

Newt pov:

It was about mid-day in the glade and the sun was smiling down on us. The plants were grateful and growing well. I saw Minho sitting on the grass, so I went over to talk to him.

"Hey Min" I sat down next to him " what you doing back so early?"

"There was a freaking griever attack, almost got stung,so Alby told us not to go back out until tomorrow, damn things could be lurking around the corner to jump us for all we know" he explained.

"Oh"

"Hey Newt" I heard a sweet, feminine voice say.

I looked up to see Y/n, in her little shirt and shorts.

"Hi love"

"Could I talk to you for a second?" Shs asked.

"Sure" I got up walking up to her " what's up love?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with the medical supplies, we need to make a list for the box"

"Yeah, I can help"

"Ok, meet me there after tea" She smiled walking off.

I went back over to Minho who was smirking.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so oblivious"

"What are you talking about Minho?"

"She's using that as an excuse to get alone time with you"

"Minho, come on, I agreed I'd help her , it's not a big deal"

"I'm pretty sure she'd be able to do that herself, she wants you there for a reason. I don't get you Newt, why don't you just ask her ou..."

"Hey Newt!" I heard Thomas.

"Ya alright Tommy?"

"Yeah, could I speak to you for a second?"

"Sure"

I stood up walking over to where he was.

"Alby said we need to go through some important stuff, about the maze, so could you meet me in the map room after tea?" He asked.

"Oh um, actually..." I started.

"Great thanks Newt"

He patted my shoulder running off before I could even speak. What do i do now?

I was sitting at the table, finishing my last bit of food. Thinking about what I was going to do after. Both Y/n and Thomas have arranged things with me at the same time. Unfortunately did me, I can't be in both places at the same time.

I was snapped from my thoughts when Y/n sat down next to me.

"Hey Newt, I'll be in the medjacks hut, just come over when you're ready. Thanks for helping I could really use the extra help"

"Uh about that..."

"Thanks Newt!"

She ran off to the medjacks hut leaving me in confusion. How did I find myself in this situation.

"Newt" I heard.

I turned to see Thomas standing behind me, eager.

"Time to get going" he said.

"Tommy, I was meaning to tell you, umm, I have something else..."

"Oh it won't take long I promise" he said.

"Ok fine, but make it quick"

I followed him into the woods where the maproom sat. I had only been inside when I was runner. When we got inside he grabbed lots of paper with notes scribbled on. It was heard to read because it was clearly scrawled on in a rush.

"Ok so we found this new area, that according to Minho hasn't been seen before"

"Thomas, I'll get right back to you on that, I'll be back in a second"

"Where are you going?"

"Uhhhhh toilet"

I hurried out running over to the medjacks hut. Y/n was going through the cupboard writing down what we needed and how much off it.

"Newt, there you are" she smiled.

"Can you get to the back? I can't reach" she said.

"Alright" I smiled.

I help her check through what we needed when I remembered Thomas.

"Oh, uh, love I'll be back I just be a minute"

"Where are you going?"

"Uh I need to check something over with Alby I'll be right back"

I ran back to the map room, quickly getting back to Thomas.

"Finally" he said " ok so like I was saying this new section. It was sort of unlocked by that thing we found in the griver. I think it's like a key, it must be why we haven't found it before because the key is inside the grivers"

"What do the grivers have to do with it?"

"I'm getting that" he said " so..."

"Thomas, I'm... I'll be back"

"Where are you going now?" He asked.

"Uhhh.. I need to, find chuck?"

"What?"

I hurried our going back to the medjacks hut. This was exhausting!

"Hi, what did he say?" She asked.

"What!Who?" I panicked.

"Alby?" She asked confused.

"Oh yeah, it was fine, anyway let's carry on"

We got through about half a cupboard when I felt like to much time had passed.

"Uh..I'm sorry, I'll be back"

I ran out, running back to Thomas  when I bundled into Minho.

"Woah what are you doing?" He asked.

"Sorry Minho"

"I thought you were supposed to be with Y/n?"

"Umm... I ugh! I can't do if anymore" I gave in.

"What did you do?"

"I double booked myself Minho"

"Double booked?"

"Yeah, accidentally, Y/n and Thomas both asked me to help them at the same time and I've been running back and forth between the two"

"Oh Newt, look I know what you should do"

"What?"

"Just tell Thomas he'll understand"

"What!No!"

He grabbed my shirt dragging me to the map room.

"Thomas!" He said " Newt needs a favour"

"What is happening!" Thomas said "you keep leaving!"

"Because he made plans with you and Y/n at the same time and didn't want to say no to either of you"

"Oh"

"So could you do this another time?" Minho asked " because you know how much Newt likes Y/n..."

"I do not!" I denied.

"Yes you do" They both said.

"So can you let her get a moment alone with her?"

"Sure, I don't know why you didn't just ask in the first place Newt I would have been happy to choose a different time"

I went back to Y/n finishing off the rest of the supplies. I took the opportunity while we were alone, to ask her.

"Umm,Y/n can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead"

"Would you like to... if you wanted... hang out later, alone, like just us?"

"Are you asking me out?" She giggled.

"Uh yeah?"

"I'd love to"