Newt- greenie (requested)

Newt x male reader

* A new greenie comes up the box and Newt takes a liking towards him*

Word count: 1177

My eyes flashed open and darted around to examine my environment. I was in a dark room that seemed to be moving up, like an elevator. It looked kind of like a cage, rusty metal fences all around me. The cage started to increase its speed, rushing up. I supported myself and prepared for impact.

The cage stopped suddenly, making me jerk backwards. All I could feel in that moment was confusion. I had absolutely no idea where I was, I didn't even know who I was. I couldn't remember anything except for one thing: Y/n. My name. I repeated it over and over like a stuck radio, in fear of forgetting it. Beads of sweat were forming on my forehead making my hair stick to my skin. My heart raced faster in anticipation of what was to happen next.

The two doors at the top of the cage opened. Sunlight streamed through, blinding me. My eyelids fluttered in reaction to the sudden light change. Anxiety consumed me as I noticed poeple crowding around above the cage. They were looking down at me as if I was an animal at a zoo. I didn't even know how I remembered what a zoo was. Well I knew what a zoo was but I couldn't recall a specific memory of visiting one or where it was. Someone opened two other gates, leaving me exposed.

One of them jumped down into where I was, making me panick a little.

"Hey it's alright greenie calm down" he said.

His voice had a thick accent that was almost calming. I felt some kind of familiarity about this boy. I didn't know where I had seen him before I just knew that I had somewhere. The memory was so close yet so far, it was infuriating.

"Do you want me to help you up?" He asked "then I can explain to you as much as I know"

I nodded in response, not wanting to speak. I felt so vulnerable in this situation.

He helped me out and I was able to get a better look of where I was. It was a large rectangle space, surrounded by tall,stone walls. There were some buildings in one area and a small square of woodland further up. Everyone was crowding around, trying to get a closer look at me. I felt insecure again, still not sure weather I could trust these people or not.

"Give him some space!" Said the guy who got me out " you remember how it felt like to arrive in this shuck place?"

They boys immediately backed off and I realised this guy must have some sort of authority in this place.

He turned to me and I got a better look at him now that it wasn't dark and shadowy. He was tall, probably about 5'11, he had dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. His skin was pretty fair and had specks of dirt.

"My names Newt" he put out his hand " I'm second in command here"

I took his hand shaking it, when I realised I had been staring a bit too long, I looked down.

"Who's first?" I asked.

"Alby" he said "you'll meet him soon"

"Ok"

"Do you know your name?" He asked.

"Y/n" I said.

"Ok so we don't know who put us here " he said " we don't know why we just know we were sent up in the box with bo memories exept our names. We get a new greenie every month"

"Greenie?" I asked confused.

"It's what we call the new gladers who come up the box each month" he said" don't worry you'll pick up the glader slang in no time"

"So we have three main rules" he said "do your part, no time for slackers around here, never hurt another glader, and most importantly...never go beyond those walls"

He pointed to a gap in the walls surrounding us.

"What's in there?" I asked.

"The maze" he said " only the runners go in there, they are trying to find a way out of here"

"Why is it only the runners that can go inside?" I asked.

"The maze is a dangerous place" he said " and he grievers are in there, they aren't particularly friendly. Ovcourse no one's seen one and lived to tell the tale. So it's best you just stay away from there."

The rest of the day was a flash. I started trying out for a job. I tried for the slicers but I don't really like the sound of slaughtering animals. Newt helped me set up my hammock, next to Minho's. Minho is a runner and he's an alright guy. He's a bit a sarcastic guy though. I laid in my hammock looking up at the stars. I wondered were I really came from? I mean I have to have a family out there somewhere, don't I?

I climbed out of my hammock and wandered around the glade. I couldn't sleep I had far too much on my mind. So many questiones that were left unanswered. A screetch bellowed from the maze walls making me jump. I guessed it was the grievers making the noises. I wasn't very eager to met them.

I slowly walked around in the dark, not really sure of what I was doing. I wandered past a hut. What was this for? Without warning, the hut door swung open.

"Oh, Y/n,it's just you" he said.

"I couldn't sleep"

"I get that" he said leaning on the door.

We stood there for a while not sure what to say.

"You seem like a nice guy Y/n" he said

"I hope I am"

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"I mean for all we know I could be a psychotic serial killer"

He laughed.

"I don't think so"

He walked closer to me until we were only a few inches apart.

" you feel...familiar to me" he said " I don't know what it is but... I know you... I know I do"he said.

He leaned down until his lips grazed against mine. I didn't waste the opportunity and crashed my lips against his. We both eventually pulled away for air.

" I know what you mean" I said pressing my forehead against his " I know you too"

A/n

Ok so this was a nice little one to write. I know there has been a lot of commotion over Newts sexuality since James dashner said he was gay. But I don't think we should all fall out with eachother over it because at the end of the day he is just a fictional character. I personally think Newt is bi and that way the Newtmas shippers can be happy and the Newt simpers ( aka me) can be happy. Anyway let's please not argue over it and just enjoy the fandom.

Thankyou so much and have a nice night!

xxx