Newt- You're not weak

I drained the last of my water down in seconds, throwing the empty bottle across the room. A thin layer of sweat formed across my visible skin, a lot of my skin was visible considering I was only wearing a sports bra and shorts. Heaving my weight off the floor, I went back to where I was working. I grabbed a knife and aimed it for the middle of the target. As I pulled back and released it it spun in the air before slamming into the wood target. About two inches from the middle.

"Ooo close"

I turned to see Newt leaning against the door, in his iconic leather jacket. His blonde hair jagged and messy.

"Me,Thomas and the others we're gonna go look around the cave near by if you wanted to join us" He said.

"I'm busy" I picked up another knife.

"You can't just stay in here and train with knives and guns forever"

"Oh really" I threw another knife at the target this time missing by about three inches "shit"

He grinned,walking towards me and ruffling his hand in his hair.

"You should aim a little lower" he moved my arm down.

"Giving combat advice now are we?"

"Look,you're just overthinking it, don't think about it just do it"

"Since when did you become the king of advice?" I joked " especially about using weapons"

He smirked, taking of his jacked and throwing it over a chair in the corner. Picking up a knife, he put it in my hand and took a few steps back.

"Kill me" he said.

"What?"

"Go on"

"I'm not fucking killing you Newt!"

"not literally!" he smiled " come on, pretend I'm Janson or somthing, kill me"

I shook my head in disbelief, eventhough my mouth was formed into a wide grin.

He motioned for me to do something, so I gave in and swiped the knife towards him. He leaned back just in time, missing his cheek. I swiped again and again and he dogged my attacks with ease.

I plunged my knife towards his chest but he grabbed my wrist, turning me around to press against his chest. Pushing my wrist around so the tip of the blade touched my chest.

"Bam, you're dead" he said playfully.

I wriggled out of his grip so I could face him.

"Ok, we're done" I said.

"We just started"

"Yeah and now we're done"

I walked over to the draw putting the knives back. Newts presence was still behind me.

"Y/n, why do you train so much?" He asked "you don't ever do anything else  anymore"

My jaw clenched and my tongue ran across my top row of teeth.

"Because Minho is my best freind and if we're going to get him back I need to be able to do this" I explained " maybe if I could do it before he wouldn't have got taken in the first place. I'm the weak link"

"Y/n" he walked over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders " You're not weak"

"Yes I am"

"Y/n just because you're not physically strong doesn't make you weak, you have a strong mind, I've seen it, you're smart, determined, resilient and you're probably one of the strongest people I know. Physical strength can be taught but mental strength, that's something that's already there"

"I just want him back"

"So do I, but hiding yourself away from everyone else you care about isn't going to make things any easier. So are you coming with us?"

"Fine, I'll come" I shrugged.

"See you soon"

He kissed my cheek before grabbing his jacket and walking away.