Newt- Rivals part 6

"Shit!" I cursed.

The bowling ball ran onto the side, completely missing the skittles.

"You just need to put more force into it" Newt chuckled " here I'll show you"

He stood behind me, holding his hand over mine. He moved it, rolling it in a perfect line, knocking down all of the skittles.

"You're so good at this! How do you do it?"

"I practised a lot" he shrugged.

"I'm rubbish"

"You'll learn" he hugged me " so I was thinking, are we going to tell anyone anytime soon?"

"I don't know"

"We can't keep it a secret forever"

" I know it's just, I'm not sure what they'd say" I sighed.

"It doesn't matter what they think, if they don't like it they can go fuck themselves, I wouldn't give this up for the world" he held me tighter.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, remembering my plans.

"Oh god I'm supposed to study with Teresa, sorry I've got to go"

I gave his cheek a quick kiss.

"Love you!" I called as I ran away.

"Love you too!"

My brain ticked, trying to figure out the equation infront of me. Maths was not one of my strongest subjects but Teresa insisted we studied for it. So we were sitting in my kitchen, doing maths.

"Just multiply everything on the inside if the brackets by the number outside the brackets" she said.

"Speak english please" I said.

"And this is exactly why we are studying for maths because..."

"I'm shit at it?"

"I wasn't going to word it like that but ok"

"So how's things going with Thomas?" I asked her.

"All good" she said " hey maybe you should get yourself a boyfriend, I think you'd feel a lot less lonely"

I do have one.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"Y/n I just feel like we should be honest with eachother" she put her pencil down and turned to face me.

I felt heat rise inside me as my heart pounded rapidly. Sweat forming in the surface of my skin.

"What do you mean?"

"You can't hide stuff from me we've known eachother to long. Why didn't you just tell me?" She said.

"Tell you what?"

"About...Newt"

"What about him" I gulped.

"I know... what you've been doing... I just don't know why you wouldn't tell me sooner"

"It's just, I wasn't sure what to do I mean I've hated that guy for years and now, I'm..."

"Dating him"

"Yeah" I ran my hand along the back of my neck " are you mad?"

"I'm worried. Look this is going to sound mean but I want you to stay away from him"

"What?"

"He's not good for you, he'll break you I don't want to have to watch you get hurt"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shouted " I can't believe you!"

"Y/n I'm trying to protect you!"

"When you get a boyfriend I made so many sacrifices for you so you could be happy" I said " I put up with being around a guy I hated, I gave up spending time with you so you could spend time with him, I supported you but when I'm the one who finally finds someone I love you tell me to stay away from him?"

"No it's not like that..."

"But it is isn't it" I rose from my chair " why can't you just let us be happy?"

"He'll hurt you Y/n!" She sat up " I know his type!"

"Your just being selfish! You don't want me being around anyone else but it's ok when you are? Great friend Teresa!"

I grabbed my phone and stormed out of the house. Teresa called after me but I ignored her. Scrolling through my contacts I clicked on Newts and pressed call.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Newt I need to stay at yours"

"Ummm ok, I'll unlock the door then"