Benny- Fragile- Part 2

The next morning I woke up to the strong smell of freshly ground coffie. Rumbling of cars driving down the road outside. The sun shining on the covers, warming them. Adam sat in the chair, drinking his coffie and reading the paper, like he always did. I could never understand how he moved on so quickly and acted like it never happened. As if everything was all ok.

"Morning Babe" He said.

"Morning"

"How many matches do you have today?"

"Just one"

"Good"

"Why is that good?" I asked.

"Never mind"

He clicked his lighter between his fingers, lighting up a cigarette and smoking it, filling his lungs.

"Come here" he waved me over.

I shuffled over to him and he motioned for me to sit down on his knee. I obeyed. He stroked over my cheek where he hit. The red mark had faded now, but the memory would always be there.

"You know I hate doing that to you princess" he said " but you have to behave"

"Yes"

"Good girl, no talking to other men, especially that Benny guy"

"What's wrong with him, he seems like a nice guy"

"He's a threat to me, I don't want you talking to him, understand?"

"Yes"

"Good, now get dressed"

I hurried, getting my little white dress on and shoes. Brushing my hair and my teeth then walked down with Adam to my match.

I played Townes, he was good, but I still managed to beat him. He shook my hand and Adam motioned to me to go back over to him. I sat up and went over to stand next to him.

"How am I not allowed to talk to them if I play them?" I asked.

"That's the only exception" he said " you know what happens if you disobey me"

"Yes"

I spotted Benny over by the corner fiddling with the rings on his fingers. He looked at me and smiled but I didn't smile back. I didn't want to get into any more trouble than I already was.

After that, Adam took us straight back up to our hotel room. I wasn't allowed to leave which was kind of boring. I didn't really have anything to do up here. Adam just drank bottle after bottle, watching the tv. It sickened me how much he drank, I wished he didn't do it. The amount of times he had come home drunk and...well, he gets a bit rough with me...

I read a book since I had nothing else to do. I liked reading because i could pretend I was somewhere else. Not here. Free.

Mine and Adam's relationship was sort of complicated. We met three years ago and we started getting really close. Handing out a lot and spending a lot of time together. Soon enough we started dating and I even moved in with him. But after about a year things started to change. Adam wasn't the guy I had fell in love with anymore. He started getting a little to physical. I always thought It was my fault, that I was doing something wrong. Everytime he always apologised and I forgave him because I was stupid. I thought that maybe somewhere deep down the guy I loved was still in there. But even if I wanted to leave I couldn't, he wouldn't let me.

Hours went by and I finished my book, putting it down on the bedside table. It was dark? I had been reading all day! I saw that Adam was asleep on the other side of the bed. Maybe If I was careful I could go outside? He wouldn't no so long as I got back before he woke up. He was pretty much drunk and always sleeps in until about eight.