Benny- I'm pregnant not wheelchair bound

I woke up and the apartment was freezing. Shivering, I slipped on my dressing gown and slippers, walking into the kitchen. It was deadly quiet, which was a little annoying sometimes, so I thought maybe I would give Beth a call today. I popped the kettle on to make myself and hit cup of tea when the phone rang.

I sighed. How many times does he need to call me?

I went over to the phone picking it up.

"Hello Benny"

"Hey, I'm at the airport now, I shouldn't be long, have you had your meds?"

"No Benny, I just woke up"

"Well remember to take them"

"I will, like I said, I just woke up"

"Ok, well, I'll see you soon ok?"

"Ok, bye"

I put the phone back down and finished making my tea, taking my meds and sitting at the table with my book. Benny had been away for his chess tournament which ment I was home alone for a few weeks. The silence was nice while it lasted, until Benny burst through the door with his bags in hand.

"Hey darling" He took off his coat and hat, hanging them up.

"Hi"

"Have you ate yet?"

"Yes"

"Have you took-"

"Yep"

"Good" He rubbed his arms " God it's freezing in here, have you been walking around in this temperature?"

"It's just a bit chilly, it's fine"

He went over to the heating, turning it up a bit. Benny was usually strict on the heating because it was expensive, but he turned it up? He's dead serious about this whole 'taking care of me' thing the doctor said. Although it's nice, sometimes it's a little frightening seeing him bend his morals to look after me.

"Ok, that's a bit better" He murmered moving to the kitchen.

I stood up from my chair and he instantly panicked.

"Be-careful" He said.

"Benny! I'm pregnant not wheelchair bound!"

"Well, you may as well be at this point" He muttered.

"You are not putting me in a wheelchair, I can walk"

"Barely"

"Benny, just shut up"

"Right, I'll do that" he turned back to making his coffie.

I groaned quietly and waddled over to him. My hormones were all over the place and sometimes, I snap at him when he gets on my nerves.

"I'm sorry, I know you just want to take care of me, it's just a little annoying when you treat me like a china cup"

I wrapped my arms around his neck to hug him, but kind of failing because of my bump being in the way.

"Stupid bump" I muttered into his chest making him chuckle " Baby needs to leave already I'm sick of carrying this weight around"

"Not long yet" He looked over to the calendar " Just a few more days"

"I know- OH!"

I grabbed his hand placing it on my stomach where he was kicking.

"Why suddenly so active baby?" He spoke.

"He knows your home, he probably recognises your voice"

"Recognises my voice?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah, baby's can recognise their parents voices it's how they know who you are when they're born" I explained " you know how they relax and stop crying when they are handed to their mum? Because they know that's their mum as they've heard her voice when they were in the womb"

"So, the baby knows I'm their dad, because they hear my voice?"

"Yes"

"And how are you so sure it's a he?"

"My bump is low" I rubbed my bump.

"You really believe all those old wives tale bullshit?"

"Hey! No swearing around him" I told him off " and trust me it's a boy"

"The baby doesn't understand english" He said " plus You don't know it's a boy"

"I do! I don't get morning sickness and I crave salty foods, it's a boy"

"If you say so"

"It's a boy"

"Sure"

"I thought you would happy about it being a boy?"

"I don't care what it is so long as it's healthy" he held my hand.

"But you want a boy so you can teach him chess"

"A little bit"

"I better not give birth to a Benny clone" I sighed.

"I hope the baby looks like you"

"We both know that's not going to happen"

"Y/n it's going to have your genes too"

"Ok whatever, help me get dressed we need to go shopping"