Newt- I'm not her

It had been a month since we made it to the safe haven and everything was going perfectly. For once in our lives we didn't have to worry about hiding, we didn't have to run anymore.

But it's not all good, we lost a lot of people to get here. A lot of people that deserved to make it just as much as we did.

Thomas was especially upset about Teresa. He wouldn't talk to anyone for a while, or eat or even leave his hut.

Eventually he did come around, but he just wasn't the same.

One night, we were all on the beach, having a campfire and talking. I was snuggled into Newt, it reminded me a lot of our bonfires in the glade.

I caught Thomas looking at me, when he saw me noticed, he instantly looked away. He had been acting a bit weird around me lately, I thought nothing of it, that maybe he just wanted to talk but couldn't find the courage to.

One by one, people started heading off to bed until ke and Newt were the last ones left.

"Come on love, it's getting late" Newt said.

"You go, I'll put out the fire"

"Alright" He kissed my forehead and walked off to our hut.

I got a bucket of sea water, splashing it over the fire to put it out. We didn't want a fire spreading, after everything we've built here it would be a tragedy for it to all burn down just because of one silly mistake.

I headed back to my hut, through the darkness. There was a few lamps lit up around so people could see where they were going in the dark.

"Y/n" I heard.

I spun around to see Thomas standing a little awkwardly.

"Hey, Thomas, are you ok?"

"I've been wanting to talk to you" He walked closer.

"I kind of guessed it, I know that you've been having a hard time, all the people you've lost..."

"It's not that"

"Oh?"

"It's about you"

I shifted my feet awkwardly. He couldn't be going in the direction I thought he was. At least I hoped he wasn't.

"I want yo..."

"Funny Thomas" I clicked my fingers " You got me, very funny"

"I'm serious"

"You're- You're serious?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Deadly"

He stepped close enough to me so that I could his breath on my neck. I kept moving back until my back hit another huts wall and I was trapped.

"Thomas stop" I warned.

"I won't hurt you"

"I said no!"

"Just relax"

He leaned forwards to try and kiss me  but I quickly moved away dodging him. I collided my palm with his face, making his head move to the side.

"Thomas" I said making him look at me.

"I'm not her"

Pools of tears collected in the corners of his eyes, he slowly nodded his head.

"I know" he said " I know. I'm sorry Y/n"

I walked away from him, I felt bad for him, but he couldn't use me to feel better about it. I wasn't Teresa.