Benny- Fragile

TW: abuse

Benny pov:

I groaned, rolling over to the cooler side of the bed. Grasping the covers tightly. My eyes managed to flip open for a split second so I could read the clock. Fifteen minutes until my match.

Slightly hungover, I sat up and rubbed my eyes roughly. Brushing my hair, that desperately needed cutting, to the side. Slowly, I crawled out if bed wandering towards my suitcase like a sloth. I grabbed one of my few shirts, slipping it on and doing up the buttons. Then I put on my Jeans, zipped them up and sat back down.

One thing you will probably learn about me is that I am not a morning person.

After I brushed my teeth, I put on my usual trench coat and hat, ready for my game. A lot of people always ask why I dress like this to my tournaments. Partly because it intimidates other players and also because I just like it.

Unfortunately, because I didn't leave myself much time to get ready I had to hurry to my game. Taking the lift to the floor and checking to see who I was playing today. Beltik. I laughed to myself. I could beat him half hungover. Oh wait, I am half hungover. Oh well, I will beat him anyway. I went over to him, trying not to smirk. Shaking his hand politely and sitting down, I started his clock and we played.

I stood up after finishing my game, fixing my trench coat and readjusting my hat. Proud of my win. Only a few more games to go until the big finale.I was fairly confident that I would be able to win the US championship. I've been training for this my whole life.

There was only one game still playing over by the corner. I went over and stood around with a few others who were watching. That's when I caught eyes on one of the players. A woman.

She was one of the most gorgeous women I've ever set eyes on. Shiny Y/hc and breathtaking Y/ec eyes.Sitting in a lovely little red and white dress, studying the board infront of her. In just a couple few moves she beat her opponent. Not only was she beautiful she was amazing at chess. She was literally my dream woman!

She kindly shook hands with him before standing up, the small crowd applaudinh her. She blushed a little before rubbing off to the sidelines. She seemed so precious and fragile, even a little shy. I found it rather cute.

I took the opportunity while she was alone to go and talk to her but I felt a shake of nerves running up and down my back. I was never usually nervous talking to women, it always came naturally to me. But she was different, not the type I would usually go for. If I'm being completely honest the women usually come to me. However I wasn't going to let this get in the way so I took a deep breath and walked over to her.

"Hi" I said "you played very well"

"Oh hello" She Jumped a little then smiled " thank you"

"I'm Benny, so you play chess, how long have you been playing for?"

"Since I was five" She said " do you play?"

"Yeah, I finished earlier, against Beltik"

"You play well too I've watched you" She smiled "guess I'll have to up my game"

"Oh" I chuckled " I think I'm the one who'll have to up their game. You play very well,how old are you?"

"I'm twenty four do you..."

"Y/n" Someone said.

She turned around looking a little frightened but quickly turned her mouth into a smile.

"Adam!" She said hugging him " there you are"

"Mhm" he hummed.

"I was just talking to Benny, he plays too" She said.

"Well, we need to go" He said.

"But..."

"Now" he said.

"Ok"

He placed his hand on her back leading her away. I was a little bit disappointed that she was already in a relationship, now I had no chance. I really liked her. But if she is already part of a relationship I won't interfere, no matter how much I wished it was me.

I strolled out onto the busy streets, full of people buzzing around like a swarm of bees around it's hive. It was a pretty nice day, sunny and lively. Birds chirping in the trees and the string sent of honeysuckle in the air. I Popped into a little corner shop to grab a drink. I went up to the counter placed it at the till. By the side of the counter I noticed a chess magazine with Y/n's face on it. Curious, I picked one up and payed for it, walking back out onto the streets.

I was too impatient to wait until I got back to the hotel to read it. Flicking through the pages, I looked through it. It seemed she was quite a good chess player. She's competed in lots of different countries.It was probably a bad idea getting the magazine at all because I was even more intrigued by her.

Sighing, I shoved the magazine in my coat pocket, taking a quick sip of my drink. I watched as the sun slowly started to set in the distance, burning the sky above.

Y/n pov:

As soon as we were out of eyes view, Adam took a firm grip on my arm making me scrunch my face in pain. He pulled me harshly down the hallway, taking no notice of my beggs to stop. Dragging me into the hotel room, he locked the door angrily. I held my sore arm, rubbing over the red mark he left.

"What did I tell you about talking to other men when I am not around?" He asked sternly.

"I'm sorry" I apologised " I was only..."

"No! You know you are not to talk to other men!"

"I wasn't-I was only getting acquainted I wouldn't cheat I promise" I begged.

"YOU'RE MINE GOT IT!" he bellowed.

"Ok"

He brought his hand to my cheek, inflicting pain across my face. I brought my hand up to where he hit, covering it.

"SAY IT!"

"I'm yours" I whimpered through sobbs.

"Good" he said " if I catch you talking to him again, you will regret it, do you understand?"

"Yes"

"Don't leave this room" he ordered.

He grabbed his coat, throwing it over his shoulders and zipping it up swiftly. Quickly unlocking the door, and walking out, slamming it shut behind him and locking me inside.

As soon as he left waterfalls erupted from my eyes, dripping down my face. I looked in the mirror to see a bright red mark. Quickly, I covered it up with makeup, I had gotten quite good at it now. After I finished, I crawled into bed, wrapping myself in the covers and drifted off to sleep, crying.

A/n

I apologise If your name is Adam it's the first name I thought of 🤚