Newt- Rivals

A/n: This is the new series, it's not set in the maze it's set in present time. Teresa is nice in this story and you also have a little sister.

"Ok so would anyone like to elaborate?" Miss pepper asked.

My hand shot up in the air instantly but she didn't pick me.

"Newt?"

"Woman stayed at home when the men went to war, basically the women got it easy"

I threw my hand up in the air again.

"Y/n do you have an argument?" She asked.

"Yes" I said turning to Newt "  just because the men went to war and the women stayed at home doesn't mean the woman had it any easier than the men"

"Oh really?" He smirked.

"Yes, fighting in war was hard and traumatizing but the woman had to run everything considering the men weren't there to do anything, they had to run the factories, drive busses and they even build a bridge, all Done by women. They also would have had bombings and some of them even decoded messages from the enemy so the soldiers could defeat them"

I slumped back in my chair happily as I watched his grin fade.

"Thankyou miss Y/ln, now let's move on"

I looked at Newt, he looked so mad, he mouthed to me.

"You're so dead priss girl"

Ha yeah, I know what your thinking. I was the popular, smart girl who wouldn't stand for anything, sexist, bullying or idiot little teenage boys who thought they were cool but they're actually just dicks. Well, times have changed, a lot. I mean I'm still me, but puberty took it's time for me. Over summer break it hit me like a bus. When I go back to school tomorow I'm pretty sure the whole school won't even recognise me. But that's not what this is about.

You see, ever since we were little, me and this guy have been competitive against eachother. God that dick makes my blood boil! I can't stand him! When I go back to school I'm gonna show that stupid lizard right!

My alarm buzzed loudly and I covered my ears with my hands. Why does school have to start so god damn early? I reached my hands out feeling for my phone and turned it off. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and wandered around my room. I stopped infront of my mirror, examining myself.

I had changed a lot since last year. My body used to be rectangular, but now it was curvy and hourglass. Both my chest and butt were flat but now I have Y/cs and my butt was bigger. My hair was always dry and pulled into two tight braids, this time it was soft and shiny, flowly lose. Even my face has changed, I didn't really look like a kid anymore, I looked, grown up. It was weird how the changes came so fast to me, one minute I was a 12 year old looking 15 year old and now I was a 16 year old who actually looked her age.

Teresa, my best friend, was the only one who had seen what I look like now. She was the only person I had talked to during the summer. I was a little anxious for people to see the new me but also excited, I wanted to show them I was not the person to mess with.

I decided to take advantage of my new body and picked out an outfit I would never usually wear for school. Normally, I would wear some Jeans an a hoodie that hid my boxy shape. However today, I picked out a red crop top and denim shorts. As I examined myself in the mirror I couldn't help but smile. I finally felt comfortable with my body.Grabbing my bag, I skipped downstairs to the kitchen.

My mum was cooking some breakfast and my little sister Y/sn was sitting at the table eating her toast.

"Hey Y/n do you want some bacon?" My mam asked.