newt- escape from wicked

I sat opposite from aris, playing with my food. I wasn't really interested in eating.

"Have you seen the newcomers?" He asked.

I looked up at him and he pointed to a table far from ours.

"So? What do they have to do with me?" I asked.

"I showed that brown haired one, Thomas, the vents and the poeple they take behind the door"

"So he believed you?"

"Yeah"

Before I could say another word there was shouting.

Thomas and the group of boys were yelling at the guards. After the whole situation ended they were escorted to their room.

"Come on Y/n" aris said grabbing my wrist and pulling me away.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We need to meet them, me and thomas are going to find out what's really going on in here"

I nodded and followed him to the vent entrance. The vent was small but large enough for us to crawl in. We reached another vent opening which aris pushed open, crawling out from under a bunk bed. I followed him through hearing a lot of people talking.

"Aris" said a voice.

"Hey thomas you ready to go?"

"Who's she?" Thomas asked.

"Oh that's my sister Y/n" he said " she's just gonna stay here until we get back.

Thomas and aris left leaving me with the other guys. I learned all their names and we talked a little. I took a particular interest in newt. He was really nice and to be honest...kind of cute.

I paced around a little until thomas and aris came back. Thomas was hurring around and grabbed on the mattresses from a bed. Aris was stood, frozen.

"Aris what happened?" I asked.

"Thomas what did you see?" Newt asked.

"It's wicked we never escaped" he said "there coming for us we have to go now!"

We all escaped the room through the vents.

"Thomas you go I have something I need to do for us to get out" Aris said.

"Ok Winston you go with him" Thomas said.

I went with the others and we ran down all sorts off different corridors desperate to escape with wretched place. Suddenly, we turned a corner and ran into a woman.

"What are you doing out of your cells?" She asked.

The sound of the alarm blared through the air and she realised what was going on. Before she could escape the boys grabbed her and pulled her with us.

We broke into a room and thomas found another girl he called Teresa. Before anyone else could get in Newt and minho pushed over a table to block the door.

"We need to get out of here" said Minho.

Newt and Thomas both grabbed a chair and smashed the glass window. Shards of glass fell all around the room. Teresa placed a blanket on the edge to avoid getting cut but Thomas lifted her over anyway.

"Here love let me help" said newt.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as he grabbed my waist helping me over. However those butterflies faded quickly as I remembered the situation we were in. We all ran down the long corridor to the door that we needed to open to get out.

Thomas swiped the key card multiple times but it kept declining.

"Thomas"

Janson was walking down the corridor with guards.

"You'll never survive out there in the scorch if the cranks don't kill you the conditions will" he said.

Out of nowhere the door opened revealing Winston and aris.

"Hey guys" aris said.

We all ran out but Thomas was still inside. He threw his empty gun and ran towards the door.

"Shut the main door!" Said Janson.

The door started closing and we all shouted to Thomas to hurry.

Just before the door closed Thomas slide under and made it out. He stuck up his middle finger at Janson making me laugh.

"You little shit!" Said Janson through the door.

We all ran through the darkness, occasionally slipping because of the sand.

At least we made if out, for now.