Newt- enemies to lovers- part 3

I stood frozen in shock. Nothing like this has ever happened before. What the hell do we do? Newt just got shucking taken by the grievers! What if he gets stung?

I was about to step foward but I heard someone shout my name. I turned in reaction of of hearing it.

"Y/n!"

I saw Minho running towards me at full speed.

"DON'T MOVE I'M COMING"

The sound of grinding metal pierced my eardrums. The doors started closing. I looked back to Minho. He was about 500 metres away, there was no way he was going to make it in time.

I looked back at the maze, the gap between the two doors became smaller every second. Soon the doors would be closed and Newt would be stuck out there for the night with the grievers. There was no way he would make it out there on his own, not with his limp. The griever that dragged him probably made it worse, if it hadn't killed him already.

"Y/N DON'T YOU DARE!" Minho yelled.

I turned back to Minho for the last time and gave him a sympathetic look. If I didn't make it out alive, it would kill him. But I don't have much of a choice.

"I'M SORRY MINHO!" I yelled back.

I spinned around and sprinted towards the closing doors, squeezing between the opening. When I reached the other end I fell to the ground. The doors closed behind me. That was it, there was no turning back.

I got up from the floor and dusted myself off. I had never been in the maze at night before.There were all sorts of different turns and directions leading to places I didn't really want to think about. I started to walk foward when I noticed I was walking in some sort of sticky substance. It was harder to see in the maze because the walls blocked most of the sunlight. The sun was also going down making it even darker.

I looked at the substance to be surprised by it's scarlett red colour. It was blood. Newt's blood.

This was great! Well, not great because it meant newt was probably hurt but it meant I could follow the trail and find him. I followed the blood trail deep into the maze. It seemed that the greiver had dragged him quite far in becaus the trail went on forever. As I went along I pulled down some ivy that was growing on the walls, so I could remember how to get back. I also tried my best to memorize my pathway right, right left ,right,left, left, right. I would probably just forget it in the next five minutes anyway but it was worth a try. When I find him he's probably going to lecture me about how irresponsible I am for running into the maze.Why did it have to be newt?

I continued to follow the line of blood until it suddenly stopped. How could it just stop? Damn it! How do I find him now?

Out of nowhere, I heard a groan from beside me. I squinted me eyes to see through the the darkness and saw a figure sat against a wall. At first I thought it might be a griever, my heart started pounding rapidly at the thought. Until I got a closer look and realised who it really was.

"NEWT!" I said jumping down next to him "OH MY GOD I FOUND YOU"

"Y/n?" He asked "What are you doing here? You shouldn't have come here it's dangerous" he said.

"You would have died if I left you alone" i said.

"So?"

"Geezus christ you're so ungrateful!" I complained.

"YEAH WILL IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU..."

I put my hand over his mouth to stop him.

"Shush!" I said " the grieves will hear you dumbass, then we'll both be dead!"