Newt- enemies to lovers

I sprinted faster than I ever had
before. My limbs were contracting over and over so hard I thought they might break off. I turned a corner so fast I almost fell over and skidded across the hard ground. I saw the maze doors starting to close ahead of me, sending panic through me. I just keeps bolting forwards as fast as my legs could carry me. I jumped through  the metre gap between the doors landing hard on the ground. The doors sent a booming echo across the glade as they closed for the night. I sighed in relief. I looked at minho beside me, he was just as exhausted as I was.

"Well shank" he said " we live to see another day"

I laughed at his remark and so did he. For a while we were just a giggling mess on the ground.

Me and Minho got on with eachother almost as soon as I arrived in the glade. He showed me around and since then we have became best freinds. I even beat him in a race once and he wasn't very happy about that. Anyway, I became a runner and we spend most of our time running the maze looking for a way out. Today was a close call, we almost got trapped but luckily we made it out just in time.

"Shame you didn't wait just a couple of seconds, then you would be out there partying with the grievers"

I didn't even need to look up to see who it was. Me and newt have hated eachother ever since I came up in the box. I never really knew why he hated me so much but he did. So I decided I didn't like him and would just stay away from him. Exept that he made it his mission to make my already miserable life, even more of a misery.

"Oh why would I miss the opportunity to see you newt" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever she-bean"

"I HAVE A NAME LIMP-BOY!"

"CALL ME THAT AGAIN AND I'LL THROW YOUR SORRY BEHIND IN THE SLAMMER"

I walked up to him and leaned up close to his ear.

"limp boy" I said mouthing every syllable.

He grabbed my wrist and pushed me down from his ear.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!"

"GET YOUR HANDS THE SHUCK OFF ME!"

"I can't tell if you two are fighting or flirting" said minho.

We both turned to look at him with disgust.

"WE ARE NOT FLIRTING!" We said In unison.

"Whatever you say" minho said walking off.

I stomped off to my hut, fuming. That slinthead thinks he can just say what he shucking wants and get away with it because he's second in command.

I slumped onto my bed and pulled the covers over me. Soon I fell asleep.

I woke up to the noise of someone banging on my door. I groaned and pulled the covers over my face. The person continued knocking but louder.

"WHAT!!!" I screamed in frustration.

The door swung open to reveal a very angry looking newt.

"What the shuck do you want I'm trying to sleep!"

"Exactly!" He said "your sleeping when you should be out running the maze"

"Well sherlock holmes, if you were so smart then you would now it's my day off!"

"Ok" he said more calmly " if it's your day off then there is no need for you to be running the maze today"

I looked at him with suspision.

"Ok what is it?" I asked.

"Oh nothing"

"NEWT TELL ME!"

He smiled at me,grinning from ear to ear.

"Thomas and Minho found a way out"

"THEY DID WHAT!"

I jumped put from my bed unable to control my excitement.

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled "WE ARE FINALLY GETTING THE SHUCK OUT OF HERE!"

"Calm down Y/n" he said.

I headed for the door but he stopped me.

"Newt what are you doing let me out"

"You wanted the day off so you can have the day off"

"Newt don't start please, let me out"

I tried to get past him but he blocked me. I went to throw a punch at him but instead he grabbed my wrist. He pushed my body onto the bed and crawled on top of me, holding my hands above my head. I thrashed underneath him in an attempt to escape, but he was too strong.

"GET OFF" I shouted "GET OF ME!"

I stopped thrashing and looked at him with fury in my eyes.

"You calmed down yet?"

Suddenly, the door burst open to reveal Thomas and Minho, looking very shocked.

"WHAT THE SHUCK" said Minho.

Thomas had to put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from bursting out laughing.

"It's not what it looks like" said newt realising his hands.

As soon as he let go I pushed him off me and ran out the door.

"SHUCKFACE!" I yelled before running off.

Not to long after Minho found me.

"What is going on with you lately?" He asked sitting beside me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You and newt, I cant decide weather you hate eachother or fancy eachother" he laughed.

I slapped him across the head.

"We don't fancy eachother Minho" I said " he despises me"

"You two need to try and get along because once we are out of this place we are going to be spending a lot of time with eachother" he said.

Minho left me alone. I just sat there for a while, contemplating. After a long time it became dark and all the gladers went to bed.I went to the kitchen to grab a snack. I grabbed some water and an apple.

"Hey Y/n" said gally "looking good"

I turned around to see gally, could this day get any worse?

"Hey gally" I said "you look like klunk"

"Hah funny Y/n" he said.

"It wasn't a joke"

"We'll see who's laughing soon" he said grabbing my wrist.

"Hey gally"

I saw newt put a hand on his shoulder .

"shouldn't you be asleep?" He said " rather than bothering the other gladers? I would get back in your hammock if I were you"

Gally huffed before walking away. I turned away not bothering to look at newt.

"Your welcome" he said.

"I didn't say thankyou" I replied.

"Well you should have, its polite" he said "I just saved your ass"

"I can handle myself newt" I said " I dont need you to save me"

"Geez you're so ungrateful"

"You're so arrogant"

"WELL YOU'RE A SLINTHEAD"

"YOU'RE A BLOODY PEICE OF KLUNK!"

"GO TO HELL!"

"WHERE DO YOU THINK I CAME FROM DIPSH%T!"

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP I'M TRYING SLEEP!" Yelled Minho from his hammock.

I stormed off into my hut once again. Newts hut was right next to mine unfortunately. I just had to forget about it.