Benny- Where are you?- Part 3

I stood in the white room again. Tapping my foot impatiently on the floor. As soon as the door opened my head snapped in the direction.

"What did we find?" I asked.

"I'm going to talk to the last person who saw her" Mr June told me.

"Who?"

"Her work colleague"

"Ok, then let's go"

"Wait a minute" He grabbed my arm " Who said you were coming?"

"I want to come"

He sighed and released my arm " I know how you're feeling Benny, but-"

"Please"

"Fine, but you do everything as I say"

"Deal"

I got in the car with Mr June and drove to Y/n's work. I was desperate to find more information about her disappearance, but also anxious that I would discover something I wouldn't want to hear.

We got to her work, and walked in.

"Excuse me" Mr June asked the receptionist " I'm a police investigator  I'd like to speak to miss Linda Lane?"

"She's on the first floor, the office st the end of the hall"

"Thankyou"

We took the lift up to the first floor  and whent to the end office.

"Miss Lane?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm Mr June police investigator I'm here to ask you a few questions about Y/n Y/ln"

"Oh, ok"

"When was the last time you saw her?" He took his notepad from his pocket.

"A week ago, she came into work, stayed until six then left as usual, went home"

"Miss Lane, she never made it home, She's missing"

"Missing?"

"Was she acting in any way out of character that day?"

"No" She shook her head, then stopped and looked up " She did get a phone call, she sounded quite distressed about it"

"A phone call?"

"Yeah, she seemed quite upset"

"Who called her?"

"I- I don't know- I'm sure she mentioned something about an ex- boyfriend not soon after"

"Jacob" I said.

"Benny?"

"Jacob was her ex- boyfriend he was a bit of a nutter if anyone did anything do her, I would have no doubt it was him"

"Miss Lane, did Y/n say she was heading straight home when she left work?" He asked.

"She said she was running an errand before going home, she asked me to drop her off"

"Where?"

"St Peter's park"

"Right" He put his notepad away " Thankyou miss, let's go"

We headed out of the office and back to the car.

"We're getting closer" He said as we walked out "Do you have any idea why she would want to go to the park after work?"

"Probably to meet that bastard"

"Well, let's get a move on, it's getting dark"

We sat in silence in the car. My heart was racing at the thought of what he could have done to her. We parked just outside of the park.

"Stay here" He told me grabbing a torch.

"But-"

"What did I tell you about doing as I said?"

"Fine, be quick"

I sat staring out into the dark street. The only light being from the streetlights. Why did you come here? What did you talk to him for?

I jumped a little when the car door opened beside me. Mr June held up a jacket.

"This hers?" He asked.

"Yes, yes that's hers" I took it.

"I'm calling for backup"

He got into the car beside me and pulled out a radio.

"Backup, why what's going on?" I asked him.

"I went down by the river and found that jacket, and something else, it's an official crime scene"

"Crime scene? Mr June tell me whats going on!"

His hand trembled as he presses the button.

"I need backup, I'm at St Peter's park-"

"There's been a murder..."