Newt- enemies to lovers - part 2

I sat eating my breakfast, lost in my own thoughts. My mind tends to wander a lot, I don't mind it though because it keeps my mind of the fact that I'm trapped here.

"Earth to Y/n" Minho snapped his fingers at me.

"What?" I asked snapping out of it.

"I said where's Thomas?"

"I don't know probably formulating a plan to escape from the way out you found the other day" I laughed.

"Yeah, well he's just as desperate to get out of this hell hole as everyone else" he chuckled.

Gally stormed across the glade with his hands in tight fists. His eyes scorching with fury.

"THOMAS!!!" he bellowed "WHERE ARE YOU!WHEN I FIND YOU I'M GOING TO BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU!"

"Oh klunk what's he done now?" Said Minho.

"Hey"

I turned to see thomas crouching beside the table.

"What have done Thomas?" I asked grinning.

He grinned back.

"I put mashed potatoes in his shoes"

"Oh my god" I laughed " you better not get caught..."

"THERE YOU ARE YOU SHANK!" Gally interrupted.

"OH KLUNK!" Said Thomas scrambling away.

Me and Minho laughed so hard our lungs almost collapsed.

"Well I best be off" Minho said "running to do"

"Bye Min" I waved.

The rest of the day was as slow as a snail crossing a road. It just dragged on and on. I worked in the gardens for the majority of the day, watering plants, picking plants, planting plants and everything to do with plants. Working in the gardens wasn't the worst job, But It isnt the   the most exciting of jobs either. Every once in while the runners get a break from rubbing the maze and help out in the glade with some other jobs because let's be honest, running the maze is exhausting.

I spent a little time helping Fry slice up some tomatoes and carrots for lunch. Once again, not exciting, but It was a nice change from sweating rivers in the gardens. By dinner time I had finished all my jobs and was preparing to just settle down and relax for the night. Chuck wanted to make a scrapbook so I helped him with that. Minho came back from his run early and Gally pushed Thomas in the pond for payback from earlier.

Just a typical day in the glade.

I sat on the cold grass with my back leaning against the maze wall. It was starting to get late which ment the sun was going down. It created a flaming orange and pink burning the clouds above.

"What are you doing here the doors will be closing in five minutes"

I looked up to see Newt. Surprisingly, I hadn't seen him all day until now.

"It's not like I'm going to run in" I said.

"Yeah, well, I can't take any chances with you,god knows what you would do if you had the chance"

"I wouldn't give myself a death sentence Newt" I said standing up " why are so concerned anyway? I doubt you'd care if I got locked up I there for the night"

"I wouldn't, but I know alby would and I don't want to lose my position because some dumb she-bean ran i to the maze" he said.

"Are you for real?" I asked "god your such a dick Newt!"

"Watch your mouth" he said.

"Or what!"

"Or I'll..."

He didn't get to finished his sentence because he was cut off. A long mechanical, creature like arm reached out from the maze and grabbed his leg. He grunted as he fell foward, landing on the ground with a lot of force. Before I could even react the greiver pulled Newt into the maze.

"WHAT THE SHUCK!" I said In shock watching him get pulled away into the deepness of the maze.

"NEWT!?"