Benny- Sisters boyfriend- part 6

"Ok" I said a little shakily.

"Look I know it was utterly and completely wrong of me and I regret it totally but please promise you won't  be mad with me"

"I don't know Benny it depends how bad it is" I said.

"Just please" he said " it would make me feel much more at ease if I knew you wouldn't freak out"

"Ok fine" I sighed " now just tell me"

"Ok so the truth is" he said " I'm in love with...both of you"

"What?" I asked confused " what does that mean?"

"I'm in love with both you and Beth" he said "that's why I have no idea what to do"

"Well that's not much of a confession Benny I kind of guessed that"

"No you don't understand what I'm saying" he said " I've always loved both of you, from the very start. Since I met Beth, since I met you, I always loved both of you."

I felt my face go white as a sheet as the blood drained from my face. Of all things I did not expect him to say that.

"I thought you said you knew what you wanted?"

"Not exactly, I mean,I guess I thought I loved Beth more after we started dating" He said " but now, I don't know who I love more"

"I mean your technically dating Beth so if you wanted to, you could just go back to her and pretend like we never did anything" I said.

"But the thing is, I don't know what I want" he said " I want you badly, you're the sweetest person I've ever met but ... I don't want to just throw away everything me and Beth have"

"Well you're going to have to make a choice Benny" I said.

As if right on time, Beth busted through the doors.

"Beth!" me and Benny said in unison.

"You're home early" I said.

"Yes!" She said excitedly " Benny!"

She ran straight into his arms and he held her reluctantly. She pecked his lips then sat down in a chair.

"So did you two have fun then?" She asked.

Me and Benny glanced at each other awkwardly, feeling the tension rise.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, we had... fun" he said.

"Good" she said " we will have to head home soon, I miss my bed"

"Tell me about it" I rolled my eyes.

We got back home and unpacked all our things. I was very happy to be back in my own house and not having to sleep on that crappy airbed. I fell back into my cozy, double bed and almost fell asleep as soon as I hit the spongy mattress. I rolled over to the side and looked out the window. The sun was no longer visible along the horizon. The only light came from the moon.

I fell asleep.

The next morning when I got out of bed I had no energy. I staggered around the house lazily. I was so tired I almost walked right into Benny.

"Woah careful there" he said.

"Oh hi Benny" I said " um soo have you made your choice yet?"

"No" he frowned " I kind of don't want to choose because I know if I do, I will lose one of you"

" I understand Benny but you have to make a choice at some point" I said " you can't have it both ways"

"I know" he sighed " well see you Y/n"

He walked off.

" we're living in the same house" I said.

"I knew that!"

I laughed, he could be a little stupid sometimes.

I spent most of the day out of the house. It was being alone and having some time just to think to myself. A lot  had went on in the past few weeks. I had a lot to think about. What would I do if Benny picked me? What would I do if he picked Beth? Well I knew one thing, if Benny picked Beth I would leave and let them be happy. But if Benny picked me then what would Beth think? Would we have to tell her what we did when she was away? I couldn't, I wouldn't want to hurt her like that. I had other things to think about, not Just Benny. Like getting a job of my own. I didn't want to depend on Beth for the rest of my life.  I needed to start looking out for myself.

When I got home I saw Beth and Benny sitting on the sofa. Beth looked really excited for some reason.

"Y/n!" She said " I have amazing news!"

"Ok what is it?" I asked.

"Benny asked me to marry him!"

My heart dropped.

"Oh that's great news Beth" I said flatly " I'm happy for you"

"I'm so so happy!" She squealed " we will have to move out Ovcourse and you can live here..."

"No it's ok" I interrupted " you can stay I'll leave. I'll get my own house it's about time I did"

"Um ok if that's what you want"

She skipped off upstairs and I looked at him. He looked sympathetic.

"Look..."

"Benny it's fine" I cut in " you made your choice. You choose her."

"I'm sorry" he said.

"Well I'm leaving" I said " you will wake up tomorrow and I'll be gone. You won't see me again.I'll leave you two to be happy."

"Now?!" He asked "you can't leave now where are you going to go?"

"My freinds house" I said.

I hurried up stairs and yanked my suitcase from my wardrobe. As fast as I could, I packed my belongings; clothes, pillow , books , photos ,toiletries and anything else I could squeeze in. When I finished packing I held back tears and dragged the suitcase down the stairs. Slipping on my shoes and zipping up my coat, I headed for the front door.

"Wait"

I turned around looking him in the eyes. I saw no signs of tears or sadness in them. Just blankness.

"Don't ever forget me.please" he said.

That was the final straw. He didn't ask me to stay, he loved her. Not me.

"Goodbye Benny" I said choking back tears.

I left the house and went straight to my car. Shoving the suitcase in the boot, before sitting myself in the drivers seat.

I couldn't take it anymore, I let the tears fall. I let everything out.

He was never mine, but losing him broke my heart.