Newt- Truth or dare

Minho's pov:

I left the maproom, having just talked out our finds from the maze with Thomas. Alby was walking across the glade so I took the opportunity to catch him.

"Alby!" I ran up to him " how are the other runners?"

"Still sick Minho, Jeff says they're gonna be bed bound for at least another four days"

"I need more runners, we found something today and I want to check it out but I need more people to do it"

"How many?"

"At least five, so three more?"

"Alright" He nodded " I'll call a meeting"

I sat at the front, overlooking the gladers who were sitting waiting to see what was going on.

"Ok, so as you all know, there is a bug going around the glade and most of our runners are ill with it" Alby explained " So we need some temporary runners, is anyone up for it? We need at least three"

Y/n, are only girl, was the only one who raised her hand.

"Anyone else?" Alby asked.

Frypan and Zart raised their hands.

"Alright then-"

"Stop" Newt said " Y/n's not going"

"What?" She asked.

"She's not going in there it's to dangerous, they can work with two"

"Newt but-"

"No"

Everything went silent, so quiet I could practically hear the crickets chirping from outside.

"Ok, fine, Fry and Zart you start tomorow, everyone else go back to your usual work"

"What!" She said.

The gladers all started leaving the homestead to head to bed. I spotted Y/n running out after Newt, so I grabbed Thomas by the neck of his shirt and pulled him out with me.

"Minh-"

I clamped my hand over his mouth and hushed him as we peaked over the corner to listen.

"Newt what the hell!" Y/n complained "I could have helped why did you do that?"

"It's too dangerous" he told her.

"Why? Because I'm a girl?"

"No- uh- look you don't understand what it's like in there, I don't want you to get hurt"

She sighed and folded her arms.

"Now get some rest"

They both walked in the directions of their huts, leaving me and Thomas the only ones still out in the glade.

"We have to get them together" I said more to myself than Thomas.

"Uh why?"

"Did you even pay attention to what just happened" I turned to him " He didn't want her to go into the maze because he cares about her"

"Oh, so- how exactly do we get them together?" Thomas asked.

"Here I'll show you"

I grabbed his shirt again, yanking him in the direction of the kitchen and dragging him in. Grabbing an egg, I showed it to him.

"What's that?"

"An egg"

"Yeah I know that" He said.