Benny- 14 days - part 2

"Benny I" I took a deep breath " look it's gonna be a bit of a shock but I just need you to listen"

"What?" Concern struck his face " are you ok?"

"Not exactly" I said " They said I had symptoms of arrhythmia"

"Arrhythmia? As in irregular heartbeats? That's treatable isn't it?"

"That's the thing, she said it's worsening" I looked away " it's failing Benny, my heart is failing"

"Wait what?"

"They gave me medication to help but if it doesn't work, I'll be dead in 2 weeks"

I looked back at his face, it was white as a sheet of paper. He looked panick struck.

"I...what...no" he stuttered "your dying?"

"I guess so"

"No...NO! I WON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!"

"Benny calm down it's ok" I put my hands on his shoulders.

"No this isn't ok!" He whimpered " I don't want to lose you! I can't lose you!"

"You won't lose me"

I hugged him tightly, stroking through his hair comfortingly.

"I appointment for next week, they will see if the medication is working"

"But what if..."

"Let's just forget it ok?" I told him " if I really only have 14 days left then I don't want to spend them fighting and sorrowing"

Benny pov

I was relaxing on the sofa, Y/n was lying on my chest, sleeping. I could hardly believe what she just told me. The thought of never being able to be with her again was terrifying. Not being able to hear her angelic voice in the morning. Unable to feel her body hugged into mine. Never seeing her again, for the rest of my life.

Shakily, I placed a hand on her chest and felt her heart beating. It was true. It was uneven. Every so often it would  miss a beat or even beat slightly too quick for a second.

I just hoped that the medication would work.

Y/n pov

*Later that day*

I grabbed my bag when I felt strong arms wrap around me.

"Where are you going?" He asked pulling my body close to his.

"Out"

"Out where?"

"Somewhere"

"Don't get cheeky with me mrs" he smirked.

"I'm allowed to go out Benny"

"Not alone"

"Why" I turned to face him.

"Because you could collapse and I wouldn't know" he explained " I need to be with you incase something happens"

"I'll be fine Benny!"

He gave me a sturn look, I groaned.

"Fine!"

"Good girl"

He kissed me softly, then it soon turned into a heavy Makeout, resulting in him carrying me to bed.

*Timeskip*

The warm bedsheets curled around my bare skin. Benny's warm body pressed into mine, keeping me warm.

"I have a chess tournament soon" Benny muttered " we will have to leave for it tomorrow"

"And your telling me now?" I said sleepily.

"Sorry love, it isn't far, like an hour away"

"Ok"

"Thankyou sweetheart" he kissed my head.

I shuffled a little in his grasp, getting comfortable before drifting off to sleep.