Benny- The girl at the bar

TW:⚠️ Drugs!!

Benny pov:

I headed into the bar, with my hat on as usual, and my long coat swaying as I walked. Grabbing a bar stool, I sat down and fiddled with the rings on my fingers. I got a beer and drank half of it in a few swift gulps.

A few hours ago I had just got a call from Beth Harmon, telling me that she wanted me to go to russia with her. Of course, I said no, well saying no was a little bit of an understatement I more of told her to fuck off. But it was her own fault, she basically told me she would rather be drunk than be with me.

I sighed, taking another sip of my drink and putting it back down on the counter.

I noticed a girl sit down, not to far away from me. She asked for a glass of wine and sat looking around a little. After I realised I had been staring for a creepy amount of time I diverted my gaze away.

However my attention was drawn back to her when a man approached her. Trying to persuade her to leave with him.

"I promise it isn't far sweetheart" He said.

I scoffed and took another drink. What a dick head. He doesn't even seem like a nice guy.

"No it's fine, I'm actually waiting for someone" She said.

When she finally managed to brush him off, She rummaged through her bag before leaving to go to the restroom. I was about to leave when I noticed the same man from before wander over to where she was sitting.     Watching in horror as he dumped a white chalky pill into her drink, it fizzing and dissolving, leave no trace.

I had heard about men drugging womens drinks and dragging them away so they can have their way with them. Them being under the effects of the drugs, unable to resist. I had never thought I would see it happen right in front of me.

The man disappeared as the girl returned from the bathroom, sitting back down. Just as I was about to talk to her, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Benny man!"

"Townes, good to see you, but this really isn't the best tim-"

"Benny, I know you're upset about Beth but drinking isn't gonna solve your issue"

"Good advice honestly Townes-" I looked back over to the woman, watching her take a sip of her drink "-SHIT!"

"What?"

"Uh, Townes, really great to see you man, give me a call, but I have something to contend with"

"Ok, see you later Benny" He smiled walking off.

My attention went back to the girl, who looked a little dazed already. The man, from before, approaching her again. Before he could get to her, I rushed over to where she was and sat down, making him stop in his tracks.

"Excuse me ma'am, you look a little ill, would you like me to take you home?" I asked as politely as I could.

"I'm sorry-I just-I can't think straight" She rubbed her eyes.

"I promise you, I can help you get home safely, I don't want you going home alone in this state"

"O-ok" She agreed.

I helped her up, wrapping an arm around her waist to support her and guided her out the bar towards my car. Helping her into the passenger seat, putting her seatbelt on, I went to get in the drivers seat when someone shouted in my direction.

"Hey!" The man said " What do you think you're doing? I had my eyes on her first"

"I'm not letting you anywhere near her you creep!" I said " Drugging someone's drink to take advantage of them is not ok and I think your a sick person, so fuck off"

I got into the car and started the engine, driving away. She had passed out, breathing sweetly with her mouth slightly parted. She actually looked kind of sweet when she slept-Benny! Eyes on the road!

When I got to my apartment, I carried her down the stairs and into my home. Laying her down on my bed and wrapping her up in the covers to keep her warm. I went back into the rest of my apartment and set up the airbed to sleep on myself. I slept happily, knowing she was safe.

The next morning, I woke up and made a nice hot cup of coffie. Sitting at my chess board to study new chess moves.

The girl appeared at the doorway of my room, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Where am I?" She asked.

"Oh sorry" I stood up " I'm Benny Watts, last night at the bar, someone drugged your drink in attempt to get you to go home with them, so I got you to come home with me instead. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself If i let you go with him and did nothing"

"Oh, well, thank you"

"I can drive you home if you want?" I offered.

"That would nice"

She told me her address and I took her in my car. I pulled up to her house  and was a little surprised. I was a really nice house, a lot nicer than mine, but it didn't look like she was rich.

"Thanks Benny" She smiled getting out of the car.

"Wait!" I got out of the car "I didn't get your name"

"Y/n"

"Uh Y/n, I was wondering, if you didn't mind, would you maybe want to have dinner sometime?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" She giggled.

"Uh maybe?"

She rummaged in her bag them handed me a piece of paper.

"I'd love to, give me a call and we could arrange something?"

"Great, see you later then"

"Bye"

I got back into my car, and drove away with a stupid grin on my face. I will definitely be looking foward to this.

                               A/n

There will be a part 2 but just a reminder once you leave your drink unattended it's no longer your drink, get a new one it isn't worth the risk of it being spiked. Be careful out there and try not to go out alone!