Newt-enemies to lovers-part 4

I woke up in the medjacks hut, the sunlight streaming in my face. I shuffled around the bed and winced. Lifting my shirt up a little, I inspected the damage to my body. There was a bandage wrapped around my chest, covering the wound. I looked underneath to see it was a lot better. There was no blood and it was sewed up with stitches. I sat up in the bed to see clint on the other side of the room with a notepad and pen.

"Y/n!" He said with a smile "your finally awake I see"

"Hi Clint" I smiled back "how long was I out?"

"A month" he said.

"A month!"

"Yeah" he said "you lost a lot of blood but the creators sent some blood bags up the box for us to do a blood transfusion. Turns out they know our blood types. We popped your rib back in, stitched you up, gave you some pain meds and ... well...your body did the rest of the healing itself"

"Jeez"

"Everyone is proud of you, it was a brave thing you did there. And if you didn't Newt would most likely be dead"

"Is he ok?" I asked

"He's fine" he said " we stitched him up in no time and the swelling in his leg went down in about a week"

I couldn't believe that I had been out for a month. I half expected to die when I got back. It got me wondering about the creators more. We must be important to them for them to send up medical supplies for us.

"Well everyone will be happy to know your up especially Newt" clint said " he visited you every single day and talked to you, obviously you couldn't hear him but... he still did"

"He what?" I asked

"It was difficult trying to get him out of here, he wouldn't leave you" he said " he even asked to help feed you"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Newt. My worst enemy. Visited me every day to talk to me and feed me, while I was in a coma?

I was brought back for reality when someone burst through the doors. Clint jumped out of his skin.

"SHUCK MINHO!"

"Y/N!" He ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"Carefull Minho the stitches!" I warned.

"Oh sorry!" He said letting go "I was heading out for my usual run when I saw that you were up through the window. I had to see you."

"Thanks Min" I said.

"Just you wait lover boy will be here soon" he grinned.

"What are talking about?" I asked.

"He usually comes to see you in about 10 minutes"

"Who Minho?!"

"Newt"

"Newt?"

"Yeah clint told you right? It was a buggin' pain just trying to get him out of here. I guess whatever happens out there, made him change because he doesn't hate you. Infact I'm pretty sure he likes you"

"Well it's nice to know we can be freinds then" I said.

Minho laughed.

"What?" I asked

"Not like you as in a friend" he laughed " he like likes you as in he's in love with you!"

"Oh Minho don't play with me" I said shoving his shoulder "Newt was my literal enemy he doesn't love me!"

"Alright if you say so, you'll see in about 4 minutes" he said strutting off.

"Minho"

He put his head round the door.

"Yeah?"

"Thankyou"

"For what?"

"For being the best friend I could have asked for"

"Love you too Y/n/n" (if you don't have a nickname make one up)

Minho was not joking. 4 minutes later Newt walked in. When he saw me awake he froze on the spot.

"...I...Y/n?"

"Hi Newt" I smiled.

He ran up to me and hugged me tight. I was a little bit shocked at first.

"Wait...are you ok I didn't hurt you did I" he panicked.

"No, no I'm ok Newt" I reassured him" it's just you've... never hugged me before"

"Ok I'm leaving now" said clint before running out.

"Is it true that you came to visit me every day?" I asked.

"Yeah" he smiled " they could hardly get me to leave"

My smile faded a little at the memories of all the things he used to say to me.

"Look Y/n" he said holding my hand " I'm sorry. I don't know why o hated you so much or why the way I was but...you saved my life. And I want to know if... we're ok now?"

"Ovcourse Newt" I giggled.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek. My eyes widened.

"If you do that again, I'll throw you out that shucking window you..
what are you doing?"

He was leaning over the window and turned around to look at me.

"Checking how high the drop is, to see if it's worth it" he said.

I raised my eyebrows at him and clenched my jaw, trying not to smile.

"Is it worth it?" I asked.

"Definitely" he said.

He walked up to me and kissed me softly on the lips. I kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck. I don't think I could ever love anyone more.

I sat at the bonfire, a glass if moonshine in my hand. The escape had been delayed for a while because the box came back up again and I had to recover from my injury. I had a scar now across my ribs. Most people hate scars because they think they look ugly. I love mine, because it shows everyone that I'm a survivor. That I got through the maze alive and also saved my freind. Well...he's not much of a freind anymore.

"Hey love"

"Hey Newt"

I pecked him on the lips before standing up and lacing his hand with mine. We walked over to were everyone else was. I laid my head his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my waist. We are going to leave the glade soon. I'm a little sad to leave but I'd be even more upset If I had to stay. As long as I'm with Newt I don't care where I am. As long as he's always with me.