Benny- Escape room- Part 3

I gasped. Air flooding into my lungs as I regained my consciousness. I Instantly stood up to process my surroundings. But there was just darkness. When I focused my eyes a little harder, I noticed there was tall grass all around me. Was this a maze?

"Benny?" I half shout-whispered.

He didn't answer so I guessed I would have to find him. Staying in the same place wouldn't do anything, so I decided to start moving through the maze. I walked foward and then took a left, meeting a dead end. I sighed and turned back around to try another path. This went on for ages, just walking around, occasionally stopping at ends and wandering around not knowing where I was actually going. My main goal, was to find Benny first.

The only source of light available was from the moon, gleaming a bright white from above. Of course, it was still almost pitch black, but the moon provided enough light for me to be able to navigate. The faint swishing sound of the grass swaying in the breeze gave me a little sense of safety and comfort. I was grateful for the noise because if it was silent, it would make this whole thing a lot scarier. Sometimes, I would flinch when a peice of grass grazed ny arm, then quickly continued searching.

I had no idea how I was going to find Benny, the only thing I knew was that doing nothing, was definitely not going to help me find him.

As I searched, I would sometimes hear a strange noise, it was like really heavy breathing. I guessed that there would be the other competitors in here with me but this was different. It almost seemed... unhuman.

I wondered if Benny was looking for me? I hoped he was. It would make things better if we ran into eachother.

As I took another turn through the maze, I heard the sound again. This time much closer to me. I stopped. The noise crept closer to me. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest.

An ear- splitting scream erupted, making my cover my ears. Panic flooded through me, making me stand in fear.

I knocked myself out of my frightened state and slowly started walking towards again. Carefully taking cautious steps. Until I stripped over something and fell foward onto something. It was soft... and wet...

I looked closely at the thing I had stumbled over, then I realised, it was a body. A person. They were dead.

I quickly, threw myself off the bloody, gruesome body and scarpered away from it. They were dead. Something, or someone was in here with us, and it was killing us.

Picking myself up from the floor, I sprinted as far away as I could, running far, far away from the body. When I had lost my breath, I stopped. I wanted to be as far away as possible from whatever was targeting us.

My skin crawled as I heard the sound again. Getting closer, and closer. This time rather than standing there in fear, I thought tactically and started running, as far away from the noise I could. I didn't care where i was running to, I just needed to get away.

"AIMEE!" I heard.

I stopped running to see Aria holding Aimee in her arms. The poor girl was in hysterics, holding the other girls lifeless, bleeding body.

"Aria!" I ran up to her " Something is coming we have to go now!"

"I'm not leaving her" She sobbed.

"You have to,if we don't go now we could die too"

"NO!I CAN'T JUST LEAVE HER HERE! I LO..."

We both stopped, silent, hearing the sinister noise coming from right behind her.

"Aria" I whispered " come to me, slowly"

"You can make it out of here, I know you can" She said.

"Aria?"

Something snatched her from behind, pulling her into the tall grass, the only thing that could be heard was her screams.

I stood in shock. But the noise came again so I ran away.

I kept running until I met a dead end. I turned around to head back when someone was standing right there. I screamed in shock and backed away.

"Fucking hell!" The person said " no need to bloody scream"

"Benny?" I said.

"Y/n?"

"Benny!"

I ran into his arms, hugging him close, near to tears.

"Oh god, I hate it here, I hate it, I just wanna go home!"

"We will, I'll make sure of it and then we're calling the police"

"Benny, we might not even make it out of here alive"

"Yes, we will, now let's find a way out of this hellhole"

He grabbed my hand and guided me through the dreaded maze. As much as we searched we couldn't find a way out. We always just ended up in a dead end.

"Benny it's no use!" I told him " We're lost!"

"Well standing around doing nothing isn't gonna help"

"We can't get out of here it's..."

"Look!" He said.

He pointed to an opening that just lead to complete darkness. It didn't look like the kind of place I'd want to walk through, even to get out if this god damn place.

"That doesn't look particularly welcoming"

"It's the first thing we've found in hours"

"We don't know how long weve been here for"

"Feels like hours to me, anyway that's the besides the point, that could be our way out"

"Fine, but if I die I'm blaming you"

We carefully walked through the dark opening until we reached what seemed like, a path? And a road!

"Oh my god! We're free!" I cheered.

"Quick!" he grabbed my hand " we need to get the hell out of here before they throw us into another death trap"

We both ran as far away as possible until we reached a bus stop. We got on a bus and road back all the way to the hotel. It must have been pretty far away because it took almost two hours to get there. When we got back, shaking and traumatised, we went into the hotel room and straight up to the check in.

"I wanna make a bloody complaint" Benny said.

"Oh, um ok, sir?" The woman said.

"That bloody Escape room of yours is mad, it's murder!"

"I'm sorry sir, I've lost you, what escape room"

"What do you mean what escape room? The one you invited us to and took us to against our will!"

"I'm sorry sir, but, we don't have an escape room"

" then who did that?"

"Sir?"

"We were bloody kidnapped and forced into these insane things, poeple have died"

"They're still there" I added.

"Ok, ok calm down I'm calling the police.

Me and Benny went home, completely traumatised. The police investigated the situation, we gave them our statements and any information we could, but they never found the culprits. The other people there with us, well, they were never found.

I just hoped to god, that it wouldn't happen again.

                               A/n

That is the end, I kind of creeped myself out writing this.