Benny- Without trust, we are nothing-part2

I woke up to an aching, dry throat. Benny was still sleeping peacefully beside me. The clock read 4:45, it was still dark and far to early to get up. I silently crawled out of bed trying not to wake him and tiptoed into the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, I filled it up with water and took big gulps, feeling it run down my throat. The horrible dry feeling went away within seconds. Happy now that my thirst had been delt with, I went to empty the rest of the water down the sink but being the clumsy person I am I spilled it onto the floor. It was a little too dark for me to see what I was doing and I completely missed the sink.

I groaned, annoyed with myself, and felt my way towards the cupboards to get a tea towel so I could clean the mess. My hand rummaged through the draws and I got a hold of something cold, my hand retracted instantly at the cool touch.

What was that?

Slowly, I put my hand into the door again and felt the cool object against my skin. I wrapped my hand around it, feeling its, shape. It felt like metal. Curious, I scurried to our bedroom to find Benny still asleep. I grabbed the little torch on my bedside table and went back Into the kitchen to the draw I left open. The bright light gleamed when I turned it on and pointed it to the draw so I could see.

It was a metal chain. Why does Benny have a metal chain in the kitchen draw and how did I never notice it before?

I couldn't think of any reason why he would have something like this in the house. Maybe I was just overthinking, he could have a chain kink or something for all I knew. But I knew Benny well. Or at least... I thought I did.

A throaty cough made me jump and send electrical impulses down every nerve. Quickly, I shut the draw and ran back to our room. Benny was still sleeping. I put the torch back and climbed back into bed.

It was probably nothing, I will ask him tommorow. I trust Benny,right?

"Baby"

"Baby!"

"Yes?" I kicked around the covers of my bed.

"We need to go now!" Benny shouted.

"Go where?"

"We need food I told you"

I remembered him saying we needed to go food shopping but, I didn't want to go. For some reason, I guess I've became a little curious about Benny. The past couple of months( since I moved in with him)he has been acting a little weird. Especially with these ground rules. I suppose I just need a little time to myself and to think. To reassure myself that everything is fine. After I found that mysterious chain last night, I couldn't stop thinking.

"I think I'll just stay here" I told him.

"What?"

He appeared at the doorway, fully dressed and ready.

"You can go, do the shopping" I told him.

"Why do you want to stay?"

"I...don't feel well" I lied.

"Oh, are you ok, you need anything?"

He sat on the bed beside me, rubbing my thigh.

"No, I just want to sleep I'll be ok"

"Ok baby, if you say so"

He kissed my head a left me alone in the small apartment. As soon as he left I got up, got dressed and wandered Into the rest of the apartment. The air filled eitht he scent of coffie as I stirred my drink.

I caught a glance of the draw I found the chain in, but decided to ignore it. It wasn't really an issue, it was probably just a random thing he had lying around.

I drank my coffie and read my book. The apartment was warm and cozy because the sun was shining brightly, heating it up. It was quiet and peaceful, I was lost in the words of my book as I read.

Until a loud banging sound erupted and I almost screamed. It was the same sounds I had been hearing, the ones I was told to ignore. They thrashed and banged, sending spikes of fear through me. I never asked Benny about the noises. What they were or why they happened. But this time they were louder than normal and they didn't stop. I jumped up from the chair, my book left my hands and hit the floor. My breathing picked up its pace, becoming shallow and deep. The thumping of my heart felt so loud.

Benny's words rang inside my head.

If you hear any strange noises ignore it.

I took a reluctant step towards the basement door on the floor. I got closer and closer until I stood over it. Slowly, I crouched down onto my knees and leaned down, pressing my ear to the door.

The strange sounds echoed again, they were coming from the basement.

I stood back up at the sound of the key in the door. He's home. I sprinted back into our room and jumped onto the bed, panicking, trying to get myself hugged into the bedsheets.

I heard the door open and Benny walk in.

"Sweetheart?" He called.

"In here"

He came into the room and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, you doing ok?"

"Much better, I think I just needed some rest"

"Good"

I swallowed hard and picked up as much courage as I could to ask him.

"Benny, I went to go get a drink and I spilled some on the floor, when I went to get something to clean it up I found something a little weird"

"What?"

"A chain, a metal chain, it's probably just me being paranoid but I just thought it was a bit strange"

"Oh that!" He said " yeah, when I first got the apartment there was no lock on the door, so I had to by a chain and lock so I could lock it"

"Oh"

"Yeah, I didn't throw it out incase it came in handy, I understand why you thought it was a bit sketchy though" he laughed.

"Yeah but it's not just that" I rubbed the back of my neck anxiously " there were noises again, louder this time, I think they're coming from the basement. What is it?"

His face changed in a second. His brows furrowed.

"I told you not to go down the basement"

"No I didn't go down I just, heard the noises coming from there"

"It's nothing you need to worry about ok?"

"Umm ok"

He gave me a quick kiss and left the room.

I wanted to trust him, so bad.

But something deep in my gut told me there was something wrong about this.

Benny isn't telling me something, and I need to find out why.

                               A/n

Don't worry it will start making sense soon.