Newt- Stung

I finished up with my section, gathering all my notes in my bag. The sun had started to set and the maze doors would be closing soon. So I made my way back towards the glade when I spotted Minho a few metres away from me.

"Hey Minh-"

"Y/N! BEHIND YOU! RUN!"

His frightened state left me a little confused. Until I turned around, to be faced with a greiver.

My heart stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my leg. It's deadly needle, penetrated my skin, injecting me with it's poison.

"Y/N!"

I wanted to run. I wanted to get as far away as possible from the dreaded monster. But my body wasn't responding to my requests to move. It froze.

Just before the griver made another attack on me, Minho charged into it, pushing it right over the cliff.

"Oh my god Y/n are you ok?" Thomas ran over.

"She's just been stung Thomas we need to get her back, quick!"

Minho and Thomas went either side of me, wrapping my arms around their shoulders to support me. Eventhough I tried my best to walk, my legs made hardly any movement.

When theh finally managed to drag me to the glade. Newt was waiting at the doors for us, like he always does. But his smile turned into a frown.

"What happened?" He asked.

As soon as I got to him, I collapsed into his arms.

"I'm sorry" I sobbed.

"She's been stung" Minho told him.

"What?!"

"I'll get the medjacks" Thomas ran off.

"Y/n?"Newt asked "Y/n are you ok?"

My mind fell into a weakened, numbed state, just like my body.

Newts pov

I stood in the council hall, with the rest of the glade to see what was going to happen with Y/n.

"Well, I don't think there is much we can do" Alby sighed " We can't keep her here, she'll be dangerous when she wakes up"

"I hope you're not suggesting that we banish her" I said.

"Newt, what else do you want us to do with her? I don't want to banish her either but I can't have her running mad around the glade hurting other gladers"

"Keep her locked up?"

"For how long? We can't keep her locked up forever Newt, I mean is that really fair on her? Maybe it would just be best to let her go"

"NO!" I yelled "YOU AREN'T BANISHING HER! I WON'T LET YOU!"

"Newt-"

"This conversation is over"

I stormed out of the council hall, furious. Why would they even think about doing that to her? She's to sweet.

I hurried across the glade to the medjacks hut. Y/n was lying in the bed, completely unconscious. Her chest rising and falling quickly in uneven breaths.

I sat down in the chair by her bed, and held her hand in mine, stroking my thumb over her skin. Her eyes fluttered open, looking directly into mine.

"Y/n, hey"

She lunged foward, knocking me down onto the floor. Clawing at me like a mad animal.

"Y/N!GET OFF! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!"

Minho and Thomas burst in and grabbed a hold off her, pulling her off me. They dragged her towards the door to take her out.

"Hey! Be gentle!" I warned them.

Alby stood at the doorway, his arms folded.

"Newt, you know we can keep her"

"Alby please, don't do this, I love her" I begged

"I know, if there was anything I could do, trust me I would"

They locked Y/n up in the slammer. She calmed down a bit but often screamed and snarled. I was helping gather the stuff that came up in the box, when I pulled out the medical supplies and dropped it. The lid came off and things went scattering on the floor. I groaned and kneeled on the floor to pick them up, when I found a weird blue syringe with a note on it.
I picked it up and took the note.

For the girl- Wicked.

What was this supposed to mean? Dis wicked send something up to help Y/n? I put the rest of the stuff away and took the syringe to Alby.

"I found it in the medical supplies" I explained, it says for the girl and we only have one"

"What if it's not for that?"

"It has to be, please Alby, I can't lose her"

"Alright fine, we can try it but if it doesn't work, we have to banish her, understand?"

"Yes"

They took her off to the medjacks hut and gave her the blue serum. We waited for hours, until she finally woke up. I hurried inside and saw her sitting up in the bed, looking as healthy as ever.

"Oh my god" I took her into a hug.

"Woah, hi Newt" She giggled.

"I thought I was gonna lose you, theh were gonna banish you"

"I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Are you ok? Do you feel ok?"

"Yeah, I just, um before I woke up, I started seeing things"

"Seeing things?"

"Memories"

"You got them back!"

"Not all of them" She shook her head " And most of them went away when I woke up"

"Well, I'm just glad you're ok" I hugged her again " I love you so much"