Newt- I know who you pretend I am

Newts pov:

I drained the last of my moonshine, feeling the effects of it melt my mind into nothing. I liked the way it felt, I liked being detached from the world. To be able to forget that my life was shit.

Throwing the glass across the grass, I collapsed against the tree trunk used as a seat.

"Newt"

Y/n crouched beside me, shaking my arm.

"Newt, you've drank far too much you need to come to bed" She said.

"N-no" I slurred.

"Newt please"

"You can't tell me what to do"

"You're drunk"

I groaned and followed her to our hut, slamming the door behind me.

"There was no need for that" She said.

"Piss off Y/n"

"What?"

"You heard me"

"Ok Newt that's it!" She said " I'm sick of this! Stop drowning yourself in that  stupid drink feeling sorry for yourself because you're not the only one who's trapped here. You're affecting everyone else and not in a good way"

"Well it isn't my fault that you keep pushing me around all the time, maybe if you weren't so damn clingy I wouldn't have to distract myself all the time"

"And once again you're finding someone else to blame Newt! Can't you just stop and use your brain for a minute?"

"Oh Fuck off Y/n I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't do!"

"If it wasn't for you'd have been banished by now you ignorant dick!"

"What did you say to me?"

I pushed her hard into the wall, holding her wrists either side of her.

"YOU'RE A FUCKING BITCH Y/N I DONT KNOW WHY I'M EVEN DATING YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

She looked a little shaken, but quickly brought her hand to my face, making the blood rush to it from the pain. I let go of her wrists and she marched over to the door.

"THAT'S IT THEN! WE'RE OVER!" She shouted.

"FINE! DONE!"

She walked out, slamming the door behind her and I just stood staring at it. I just broke up with my girlfriend and now I felt even worse. Slipping off my hoodie, I climbed into bed. She probably went to bunk in with Minho.

Almost three weeks had went by since me and Y/n broke up and I still felt like absolute shit, if not even worse then I did before. I was craving her touch. I actually considered asking her if we could get back together but I  didn't think she would want to. After overhearing her talking to Minho about her being ' so through with me'.

I tried to get some sleep but I tossed and turned in all directions. I couldn't seem to fall asleep at all. This had been happening a lot lately and I knew exactly why. I was so used to having her snuggled up to me.

I needed to fix this or I would drive myself insane. There was only one thing I could think of doing.

Flipping the covers off myself, I left my hut, walking across the tranquil glade. Banging my fist on the door aggressively.

The door opened and I instantly brought my lips to hers.

"Newt-what are you- doing?" Teresa asked.

"Shut up and let me get on with it, I need a distraction"

"Ok" She smiled "Come on in then"