Benny- Amnesia

A/n: This story is inspired by the movie 50 first dates,although the plot is quite different. I hope you enjoy!

Amnesia is a general term that describes memory loss.

The loss can be temporary or permanent, but 'amnesia' usually refers to the temporary variety.

Causes include head or brain injury, certain drugs, alcohol or traumatic events.

Beeping, of a monitor, a medical monitor. It kept beeping. The same dull noise repeated like a stuck record.Was I in a hospital? Was I sick?

I forced my weighty eyelids open, to see a chalk white ceiling. Turning my head, I looked around to see I was infact, in a hospital. I could feel the uncomfortable IV drip in my arm, pumping fluids into me. With every little bit of strength I had, I pushed myself up to try and sit upright. As I did my muscles screamed in agony, it was so painful. I still managed to get myself sitting up and looked around in confusion. I had absolutely no idea where I was, what was wrong with me but the worst of all was... I didn't even know who I was.

"Oh baby!" Someone said.

A man ran into the room, standing at the end of my bed, looking like he was about to burst into tears. Was I supposed to know him? He was tall, with messy locks of blonde hair falling a little into his eyes, which were a warm brown.

"Oh god I was so worried" He said.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked.

His face dropped for a second, looking rather disappointed.

"Sorry, I forgot about that" He said " you won't remember me? Will you?"

"I- I don't understand"

"I know" he sighed, sitting down on the chair next to me.

"Who- who am I?"

"This is gonna be harder than I thought" He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck " uh your name is Y/n, Y/n Y/ln"

"And who are you?"

"Benny, Watts"

"Ok, hi" I said " why did you call me that?"

"What? Oh! Uh it's going to be hard for you to understand because you won't remember"

"Please try to explain to me" I begged.

"Alright well, you're my girlfriend"

"I'm- your girlfriend?"

"Yeah"

"Then why don't I remember?"

"You had an accident" He frowned " You hit your head and well, it gave you amnesia, you won't remember anything for a while"

"Oh"

We sat in silence for a little while before he stood up and zipped up his coat.

"Well, I better take you home"

"Home?"

"Yeah,home"

"Where do I live?"

"With me, now come on we don't have all day"

I followed him out of the hospital and out into the car park. He got to a pale blue car and told me to get in the passenger seat. I did so, not knowing quite what was going on, but did so anyway. He drove us away from the hospital, until we got to a block of apartments. He parked just outside of them, eventhough I can't remember, I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to park where he did.

He lead me down some musty stairs until he got to a door which he opened with a key. When he opened the door he went inside and motioned for me to follow. I entered the home, and was a little disheartened by it. I don't know what I was expecting, but something a little more, welcoming.

It was basically one large room made into a living room and kitchen. Well, I say kitchen, it was really just one area in the corner. The whole place was pretty empty and undecorated. A little lonely table sat in the middle of the room with two chairs either side. A couple of pillows over in the corner on the floor which I assumed resembled a sofa. There was a big window that looked into a second room with a bed, probably the bedroom.

"So" I asked " do we live here?"

"Yep" he nodded.

"I'm sorry but I can't lie, I feel a little unsettled, I feel like I don't know you"

"I know" He looked upset " It will come back to you eventually, the doctors say it's only temporary memory loss, but for now, if it makes you feel better I can sleep on the airbed and you can have the bed to yourself"

"Oh no, I don't want to do that, I'd feel bad"

"Well, it is your bed too you know" He laughed.

"I just, don't want to intrude"

"You're not intruding darling you live here" he said "I'll take the airbed, just until your memory starts to come back"

He pulled out a deflated airbed, taking it into the middle of the floor.

"Ok, well, goodnight Benny"

I went into the bedroom, slipping into the warm covers and settling down to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the strong scent of coffie. Even so far down, I could hear the cars driving down the roads.

"Morning" Benny said, standing at the door.

"Morning" I yawned.

"You look cute when your tired"

"What?" I asked a little taken back.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, yeah you take my compliments a little better when you know who I am" He walked up to the side of the bed " actually, maybe you don't"

He held a glass of water in front of me and a little blue pill in his other hand.

"What's it for?" I asked.

"Your meds, for your amnesia"

I took the glass and little pill as he walked back off into the other room. I examined the pill in my hand before putting it in my mouth and taking big gulps of water.

I went out of the room to see him sitting at a his table, playing with a chess board.

"You play chess?"

"Yeah, it's kind of my job"

"You can play chess as a job"

"Yeah, well it's kind of how we met"

"Really?"

He looked a little sad, and I couldn't help but feel bad.

"I'm sorry" I apologised.

"Don't be, it's not your fault" He said " It's just a little upsetting that you don't remember. Come here"

I went over to him and he pulled me on his lap, starting to stroke my hair.

"I'm trying to remember Benny, I am, but I can't"

"I know, I know" He kissed my head " just know, that I love you, more than anything in the world, even if you have to fall in love with me all over again"