Newt- Remember I love you

Clanging of metal awoke me from my coma-Like slumber. The moister of sweat clung to my skin, my eyes darted around to scan my surroundings. I was in a moving metal object in the shape of a square box. The longer I sat there, the faster it moved. Plummeting up and up into the black pool of darkness above. The cage stopped suddenly making me fall back. Two doors above the cage opened revealing light. My eyes winced at the sudden change of atmosphere and I held my hand above them to get a closer look.

A crowed of people hovered above me . Foreign people, that I didn't seen to recognise at all. One of them jumped into the metal cage with me and started at me with wide eyes.

"It's a girl!" He said.

The poeple above broke into chatter, seeming extremely shocked by the boy's remark.

"Ummm... hey...greenie" he said.

I looked at him with a rotten feeling in my stomach. Hasn't he ever seen a girl before? That's when I noticed all the poeple above me were all boys.

"Look I'm not gonna hurt ya" he said.

He seemed rather intimidating to me. He was tall with a strong muscular build. His blonde hair cut short, his eyebrows arched upwards.

"Let me help you out" he held out his hand.

I looked at his hand then back to his eyes, reluctant to take his offer.

"I promise I'm not gonna hurt you I'm trying to help you, I'll explain after we get you out of this rust bucket"

I shyly took his hand and he helped me out. The whole area was green. Surrounded by thick, stone walls with ivy crawling up it.

The crowed was desperete to all get a look at me, making me even more uncomfortable.

"Everyone give her some space!" Someone bellowed in thick accent.

The boy the voice belonged to came striding through the crowd. He was tall, but not as tall as the one who helped me out of the cage, or rust bucket as he called it. He had blonde hair pointing in different directions. His eyes chocolatey brown. He wore a  t-shirt that looked to be once white, and brown trousers. I noticed as he walked he limped a little.

"Hi...um... greenie" he said " come with me, I'll get you away from these nosey shanks"

He put his hand on my back and guided me away from the crowd.

I found put that his name was Newt, and the guy who got me out if the box was Gally. He told me as much as he could and set me up a hammock near his. However I still hadn't accepted this new life of mine. It didn't seem like much of a life really. Not exactly living, only surviving. After everyone had fallen asleep I got out of my hammock and wandered off. Snoring from the gladers was going to keep me up anyway so there was no point in trying to sleep.

I wandered closer towards the maze. Newt told me about it. The runners went In there to find a way out. I was told never to go inside. My temptation was strong. After debating it through my head I grabbed some ivy firmly and started climbing. By the time I reached the top my lungs were fatigued. I used the ivy to climb down on the other side. Standing, I looked at the doors from the inside.  Why was everyone so afraid of this place? It's just a maze.

I felt a sharp pain spread across my back. I turned around to see the most hideous creature. My legs became jelly and I collapsed to the ground. The world went black.

"Y/n!"

"Y/n!"

Flashes of images in my mind played like a movie. Some of the images were hard to make out. But the voice calling my name sounded familiar.

"Y/n" he said " I don't have much time they are putting me into the maze next"

"You can't leave me" I said.

"I don't have a choice baby I'm sorry" he said "I'm gonna forget you ok, but we will find a way back to eachother ok, I will always come back to you"

He hugged me tight, and rubbed my back comforting me.

A door opened infront of us and people in white suits came marching in. He released his grip off me and put his hands on my cheeks. bringing his lips to mine, he kissed me gently. But we were pulled away when the poeple in suits grabbed a hold of him dragging him away from me.

"No!" I cried "Newt!"

"Remember" he said " I love you"

My eyes opened lazily. I was lying in a bed, in the room they called the medjacks hut.

"Y/n?"

I sat up. It was Alby.

"You just went through the changing" he said " did you remember anything?"

Did I remember anything? I just remembered possibly the most important peice of information in my life: Newt.

                              A/n

Omg I started crying when writing the flashback!