Benny- my girl - part 5

Y/n pov

When Benny told me Beth would be coming with us. I freaked out (internally). It was going to be soo awkward. Fortunately I didn't ride with them. I took the train instead. Benny tried to insist that I should come with them but I refused. I wasnt going to sit for hours in that car with them, flirting, kissing and god knows what! I'm pretty sure the train cut the ride home by at least an hour anyway. So I god back home a little faster than they would have. However it was lonely. Last time on the way there me and Benny talked and laughed the whole time. But this time I had no one to talk to. It doesn't matter now, I did my job, I did what I was supposed to do and now it's over.

When I got back home I slumped down on my cozy sofa. It felt good to be back in my own home. Not bothering to unpack my suitcase, I threw off my shoes and jacket. I piled a load of pillows and cushions on the sofa and brought along about 5 blankets. I made myself a nice cup on hot chocolate topped with marshmallows, whipped cream and sprinkles. I switched on the tv and just relaxed.

Benny pov

Me and Beth were lying in my bed, we had just,ya know. But something felt off. She got a little mad at me for talking about chess after but that's not why it felt wrong.

Y/n POV

My eyelids became heavy and drooped. Despite my attempt to keep them open, they forced themselves shut.

The ring of the telephone made me jump out of my slumber. My eyes fluttered at the intensity of sunlight streaming through the window. I sluggishly made my way to the phone and took it off the holder. I held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Hi Y/n it's me" said Benny.

"Benny?" I questioned " what are you calling me for?"

"Do I really need a reason?"

"Look, I did my job for you, I got you Beth, you have no reason to be calling me"

"You didn't say what you you wanted in return" he said.

"I don't want anything" I sighed " goodbye Benny"

I was about to put the phone back when he stopped me.

"Wait!"

I sighed and put the phone back to my ear.

"What?"

"Technically you didn't do your job" he said.

"How?"

"I don't want Beth anymore" he said " I sent her back to Kentucky"

"Are you kidding me Benny?" I scowled " all of that for what!"

"But you can help me" he said.

I could practically feel his smirk through the phone.

"With what?"

"There's this girl I really like, she's someone I never expected to fall for"

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Hold on I'm getting to it"

"She is so independent, kind, selfless, and beautiful" he said " and I did something very selfish, and manipulative. I don't think she wants to see me again because I was an absolute dick to her. So, how do I tell her, that I love her?"

"... well, you just tell her" I said.

"Just tell her?"

"Yeah, no need to over complicate things, just tell her, she will either accept you and forgive you or, she won't"

"Ok, ok" he said.

It went silent for a while.

"Benny?" I spoke " are you still there?"

"I love you" he said.

"What?"

"I love you and I was an absolute dick to you" he said " please, just forgive me  at least"

"Benny... I"

He hung up. He just hung up on me.

I fell down onto the sofa and hugged my knees. He just pleaded his heart out to me and...

Three knocks on the door made me jump out of my skin.

"For gods sake can I just be left alone when I'm upset!"

I opened the door to see him there.

"Benny? I..."

He presses his lips to mine not letting me speak.

When we broke away he hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Y/n, I'm so sorry"

I massaged my hands through his hair  to calm him down.

"It's ok, I love you too"

                             A/n

                        The end