Whitey- Hands off (requested)

I grabbed my shawl, wrapping it around my shoulders to keep off the cold night air. It was pretty late at night and Whitey still wasn't home yet was unusual for him. I didn't think much of it, he was probably just doing something for Bill, but I still decided to go over to the office to see how much longer his shift would be.

I struggled to put on my boots with my big baby bump in the way. Normally Whitey would do it for me, but without his presence, I would just have to manage myself.

After a struggle, I finally got my boots on and left the house, walking through La belle. It was pretty silent, almost everyone was Indoors somewhere or sitting on their porch having a smoke.

Out of nowhere, gunshots exploded through the air, making me jump in a fright. Two men on horses rode into La Belle, shooting recklessly.

One jumped of their horse and strode towards me, grabbing my arm. I struggled to release his grasp as people started gathering outside to see what was going on.

"Hello pretty girly" He cooed, then glanced at my baby bump "Oh wow, you must be one of magdalena's little whores"

"Get off me!"

"You must be good at your work, lots of men comin' to see ya, so many you end up knocked up" He chuckled.

"I said let go!"

"Gentlemen" Bill walked into the scene " What are you doing here?"

"Come to see Magdalena's Whore house" the other man said.

"I'm sorry, she's out of business, cleared out months ago, I'm going to have to ask you to take your hands off the lady and leave"

"Oh I don't know about that" He smirked " I like this one"

"Hey!"

Whitey pointed his gun at the man, shooting him in his shoulder.

"Ahh! You shot me in the damn shoulder boy!"

"Name's not boy, it's Whitey winn"

He shot the other one in his shoulder, making him hold it in pain.

"Come here Darlin" he motioned to me.

I ran over to him hugging him as tight as I could, which wasn't very tight due to my bump.

"Next one spoils your face" He warned " Now you heard the sheriff, I suggest you get"

The two men rode off into the darkness and people started returning inside.

"You ok darlin', he didn't hurt ya did he?" He asked me in a concerning tone"

"I just need to sit down- or something- I'm feeling a little light headed"

"Right uh, Bill, do we have water?"

"Yeah, I'll fetch ya some"

Whitey kept his arm around me as we slowly walked over to the sheriffs office. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but we made it inside and Whitey sat me down. There was someone in the cell, but I didn't pay much attention to him because my stomach was churning.

"Uh- you feeling alright?" Whitey asked " You look a little pale?"

"I'm fine, just got a bit of shock that's all" I looked back to the man in the cell " who's he?"

"Uh that's Mr Ward, been keepin' an eye on him"

"Oh so that's why you were so late"

"Sorry darlin', Mr Ward, my wife"

The man nodded then lent against the cell bars. Just then Bill came in with some water which I happily drank down.

"Jesus" Bill said " Scared the shit out of half the town"