Newt- Rivals - part 9

Teresa handed me a warm mug of hot chocolate and I accepted gratefully. Curled up in a fluffy blanket on her bed. She opened her mouth to speak but I interrupted her.

"Don't say I told you so"

"I wasn't going to" she surrendered " but, I did tell you, he was trouble"

"I know, and I should have listened"

"It's not your fault, that's what people like him do. They manipulate you into thinking they're good until they rip out your heart and stomp all over it"

"Thankyou for that gruesome imagery you have planted in my head" I sipped my drink.

"You're welcome, at least you're thinking if something other than him"

"Yeah, well, I can't just erase him from my memory"

A loud knock echoed through the house from downstairs.

"Just a second it's probably Thomas, he needs to pick up his jumper he left at mine yesterday"

"Ooo what happened yesterday" I mocked.

"Nothing!" She giggled.

"Oh really! And that's why his jumper is here?"

"Oh my god you're such a tease!"

"Oh you want to see teasing do you?" I grinned grabbing s hold of her pillow " I'll show you teasing"

I threw the pillow at her and she squealed grabbing one herself. We ended up falling of the bed in a laughing heap. For once I actually forgot about him. The knock returned again, moving her attention away.

"Hold on, I have a clingy boyfriend to attend to"

She got up and left the room. I sorted myself out where my clothes had moved and my hair had knotted from when we had the pillow fight while she saw Thomas. But a lot of shouting caught my attention.

"WHAT THE FUCK! YOU HAVE SOME NERVE COMING HERE YOU BASTARD!"

Heaving myself up from the floor, I hurried down the stairs to see what all the fuss was about. I saw Newt standing at the door, when he saw me he tried to walk in but Teress blocked him.

"Back the fuck off!" She warned.

"Could you please just let me talk to her!" He begged "Y/n please"

Part of me wanted to talk to him. To find out what was really going on. If it was more than just a game. But another part of me wanted to slam the door in his face. Wanted to watch him break down in agony like I did.

"You really think you deserve to talk to me after what you did?" I asked him.

"No, but I just want one chance to explain myself, please"

"What if I don't want to hear what you have to say?"

"Just listen please" he pleaded " if you still hate me after then I'll walk away but just let me explain myself"

I tapped my foot on the floor, deciding  what to do.

"Fine, but make it quick" I crossed my arms.

"I got challenged to complete the list but I only completed half when we started seeing eachother and I promise that the reason I got with you wasn't because your name was on the list"

"Then why? Was it just a coincidence my name was there?"

"They said you just to piss me off because at the time I hated you, but when we got together I never even thought about the bet, by that time I was already through with it"

"How do I know you're not just lying to me right now?"

"Because you have to trust me"

"Trust you? After what you just pulled?"

"Look, I know it's hard to understand but..."

"No Newt, it's not!" I shouted " It wasn't just my name on the list, there was none other girls! Nine other girls that you made feel loved and cherished for you to just cut them off and leave them thinking what the hell they did wrong! They didn't deserve that anymore than I did! No one deserves that. I can't be with someone like that. I can't be with someone who goes around breaking people like objects! People have feelings Newt!"

"I know, and I can't forgive myself for it"

"Neither can I"

His face went white, he looked like he wanted to burst into tears. I didn't regret what I said. He deserved it. To feel the way I did.

The next few days at school were slower than a snail trying to cross the Sahara desert. I avoided Newt at all costs which was pretty hard considering half of our classes were with eachother. He tried to talk to me again, multiple times, but I just ran away from him. I didn't want to talk to him, I couldn't. Mostly because I knew, I still loved him...and it killed me...