Benny- Annoying (requested)

I stood washing the dishes, trying to divert my gaze from the phone on the table. The urge to pick it up was strong, but I knew I couldn't.

He'll be fine.

As I finished washing up, I dried my hands with a tea towel and looked over to the phone again. I sighed and went over, putting the number in and picking it up.

It rang for a little while, until someone picked up.

"Hello?" I heard his voice.

"Hi Benny" I smiled.

"Oh, Y/n, why are you calling me again?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's the forth time today you've called me, and it's only eleven"

"I, guess I just missed you" I shrugged.

"Hold on other line" He said switching the line.

Exept he didn't. He must of accidentally left me on because I could hear his whole conversation.

"Hi Benny" Townes said.

"Townes, I'll be down in a minute"

"You're not on the phone to your girl again are you?"

"Yes, she won't leave me alone" He sighed " I love her and everything but she just never gives me any space"

"Well, just hurry up man we're playing soon"

"Alright" He said " Hey darling, I've got to go ok, I'll see you when I'm home"

"Yeah, right"

"Ok, love you"

"Mhm"

I put the phone back on the holder and wandered into the bedroom, fell on the bed and cried. Did Benny really think that? Was I being to clingy?

I decided that when he came back I would give him some space.

When he came back from his trip, he walked in the door and hung his hat and coat up.

"Hi darling, I'm home"He smiled.

"Hello Benny" I sat on the chair not looking up from my book.

"Are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just you normally- nevermind"

When we went to bed that night I slept with my back to him, as far away as possible. I could tell he was confused by my behaviour, but isn't  this what he wanted?

I carried this on for a a while, and Benny didn't say anything about it. Until one morning, I got up and he spoke to me.

"Are you pissed at me?" He asked.

I stopped and turned to his direction " no"

"Then why have you been acting so distant? This isn't like you at all Y/n, are you sick? Do you need a doctor?"

"I'm fine, Benny"

"Then what the hell is going on?" He stood up, raising his voice.

"You wanted space so I gave you space"

He stared at me as he realised " I didn't switch the line"

"You wanted this"

"I didn't mean that"

"Then why did you say it?"

"I don't want you to ignore me Y/n, I love you, I just hate it when you can't leave me alone for five minutes especially when I'm on a trip" He explained.

"Can you blame me when your god knows how many miles away"

"What do you think I'm doing? Fooling around with other girls, you know I wouldn't do that to you" He pulled me into a hug " Please, I can't take this anymore"

"Fine, but you're getting me takeout"

He chuckled "There's my girl"