Benny- Amnesia- Part 2

I hung out with Benny for most of the day. He told me lots of stories about our past and things we did, how we met and our first kiss and everything. It was nice listening to it all, it seemed like we were so happy together. It pained me that I wasn't able to remember it.

"Benny?" I asked him.

"Yeah?"

"Why don't I remember yet?"

"You will, it will just take time" He said.

I lived with Benny for weeks, my memory made no return but I started getting used to living like this. I slept in the bedroom while Benny slept on the air bed. And every morning he would make me breakfast and give me little kisses on my cheek. We spent a lot of time together, we went out, we would have nice meals he even tried to teach me chess. Of course I was terrible at it but at least he tried.

One morning I woke up and Benny brought me my usual medication before wandering into the kitchen to make breakfast. I was about to take my pill when I noticed a little bottle on Benny's bedside table. I picked it up and opened it to see it was the same pills as he gave me every morning. I looked a labels on the bottle, and on the prescription I was expecting my name, but instead it had his.

Why would my medication have his name on it?

I examined it more but it had no other information about it. Suspicious, I put my pill back in the bottle and headed into the kitchen to get my breakfast.

"Benny?" I asked.

"Yes darling?" He answered, his eyes attached to his board.

"Um I have a question about my meds"

He looked at me before looking back down and moving a peice.

"What about it?"

"What is it for?"

"It helps you get your memory back"

"Well, I don't think it's working"

"look love" He looked up at me " It can take a very long time to get it back, weeks, months sometimes years, but it doesn't matter how long it will take because I'm here for you and that isn't gonna change"

Benny was at his chess board majority  of the day so I just sat around reading some of the books he had lying about. Night time came around quickly so I got into bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, when Benny gave me my medication, I looked at it in my hand and rolled it in my palm. It seemed a little weird, I mean I had to at least be able to remember something by now. I put the pill in my draw and drank the water. This went on for a while, I hid the pills, pretending I had taken them and got on with my day. My thoughts were, what was the point of taking them if they weren't working?Benny didn't need to know I wasn't taking them, it wasn't a big deal.

I woke up one morning and went to make myself a cup of coffie, when I picked up a cup, I had a funny feeling. Like it had happened before. Then something came to my mind, it was familiar. Then it clicked.

"Benny" I turned around.

"Yes baby?"

"Was I born in Y/bp"

He looked up at me with shock in his face.

"How do you remember that?"

"I don't know" I giggled "it just came to me, Benny it's working! My memory is coming back!"

He got up from his chair and hugged me tightly.

"That's good baby that's good" He  released me then looked me in my eyes " You have been taking your medication haven't you?"