Newt-The maze trials-Part 3

I gazed up at the pale white ceiling. Perfectly painted, not a single crack. Almost like wicked, fucking perfection.

Perfect fucking poeple who ripped our lives apart so they can find a cure and continue their perfect fucking human race.

We're nothing but tools. An opportunity for them to live. It's sick.

"Y/n?" Rachel called.

I turned to my side, facing the wall of the same plastered white chalk as the ceiling.

"Y/n, come on you can't stay here and rot, He wouldn't have wanted this, neither of them would have wanted this"

"They aren't here!" I sat up " They're gone! They won't even know who I am!"

"Y/n please-"

"I don't care! I'd rather rot here for all I care!"

She sighed and walked out, leaving me alone, sobbing. Little teardrops wetting my pillow.

I haven't been able to sleep for days. It's like a plague of insomnia was forcing my eyelids wide open and draining the energy out of me. It causes a domino effect. Because I couldn't sleep, I didn't have the energy to get out of bed. So I didn't leave to eat making my stomach gnaw  self from starvation.

My motivation was wiped away completely because the only two poeple in my life I actually cared about were gone.

And thinking about it only made me sob harder.

"Y/n don't cry" I heard.

I looked up to see Minho standing at the end of my bed.

"How did you-"

"Vents"

"Oh" I wiped the wetness from my face.

"Y/n, you can't do this to yourself"

"I am"

"It's not good for you"

"That's why I'm doing it"

"Y/n, Newt would have crushed seeing you like this" He told me " and I know that he would have wanted you to keep going for him so he find you someday. But he can't find you again if you just let yourself die"

He brushed the tears away with his thumb and smiled.

"Just remember that"

He got up and left through the vents, leaving me to think about what he'd said.

We do need to find eachother again. But who's to say when? A smiled crept up onto my face.

I'm going to find him, right now.

I jumped up from my bed and rushed out of the door. Running along the corridor until I reached the dinner hall where everyone was eating.

When I strolled in, I felt eyes on me, but I ignored them. I kept walking towards the food table and brushed my hand across it, sending platters of food to the floor.

"Hey!" A guard walked towards me" What do you think you're doing?"

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm such a cluts!"

"Listen here, I can't have this kind of behaviour, I'm going to have to take you to the black room"

"Totally understandable, but you wouldn't punish me for one little accident, would you?" I pouted " I'm supposed to be going for testing this afternoon, and I'm sure Janson would be very annoyed if I was locked up. After all, we're on a tight schedule here, you wouldn't want to lose your job would you?"

"Of course not ma'am"

I smiled widely, embracing him in a hug.

"Thank you sir, have a nice day"

As I walked back through the cafeteria, I saw Minho watching me. I smirked at him and tapped my back pocket making him glance at the key card I had snatched from the guard. He smirked, shaking his head at me and returned to his lunch.

I hurried as fast as I could through the facility until I got to the door I needed, scanning the card and walking in. I grabbed a long white robe with the words Wicked engraved on the pocket with blue string.

Slipping it on, I hurried out heading to the door leading to the room the maze was monitored from. I knew there would be people in there, working. There was no way they would just let me into the maze, so I hoped they wouldn't notice me.

I took a deep breath, scanning my card and walking in.

As I walked through, I took my hairpin from my hair, and swiped it along the red wire. All the cameras to the glafe went black, drawing everyone's attention. I grabbed two viles of liquid from the holders and  walked out the other door, taking off the robe and sprinting down the hall.

I opened the circular door, climbing into the entrance and running out the griver hole.

I was in the maze. Hopefully, this place wasn't as deranged as I imagined. Of course, I had no idea where I was going, so I just started walking in random directions in hope of getting somewhere.

I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for, but it must be obvious when I found it.

I took left, then stood, looking down a sort of alleyway to greenery. This must be it. Running all the way to the end, I made it to some sort of green space?

It looked like it was surrounded by the maze.

"Uhhh Alby, who the hell is that?" A boy said pointing to me.

A few others gathered around to get a look at me. There was only about eight of them. Then I spotted him.

"Newt!" I called running into his arms.

"Uh! Um" He stuttered " what's going on?"

"Newt?"

"How do you know my name?"

I forgot, he doesn't know who I am.

"Alright, who the hell are you and why did you come out of the maze?" Alby asked me.

"I- you won't remember" I said.

"Remember what?"

"Alby, could you give me and Newt a minute alone please?"

"Wha-hoe do you know? Look, I'm not leaving you alone with him, you just ran out the maze, I don't think I can trust you"

"Please, ten minutes and it will make more sense"

He sighed, rubbing his temples "ten minutes"

I grabbed Newts hand and dragged him over to a building so we could have some privacy.

"Umm, could you tell me what's going on?" He asked.

"I'm sorry Newt, this is gonna hurt"

"Wha- AHHH!"

I pierced the needle into his arm, injecting him as he fell to the floor. I fell onto my knees, pulling his head onto my lap.

"I'm sorry Newt, You have to remember"

Bang!Bang!Bang!

"What's going on in there? It's been ten minutes" Alby said.

"Just a little longer please!"

Newt started coming back around so I used the other syringe with the blue liquid in and he relaxed. His eyes opened and he sat up right.

"Newt?"

He looked over to me then jumped into my arms, sending me onto the floor.

"Oh god love, I remember, I remember" He muttered.

"It's ok Newt, I couldn't leave you"

"But, what about you? What will they do to you?" He asked.

"I don't know, but for now, let's get out of here"

I didn't care where we would go, as long as we were together.