Newt- I know who you pretend I am- Part 2

I sat at the breakfast table next to Teresa when I saw Y/n and Minho getting their breakfast. When she saw me she looked away and Minho put his arm on her shoulder, guiding her as far away from us as possible.

Clearly, she heard us last night. I'm pretty sure the whole glade heard. A lot of the gladers wouldn't talk to me for it but majority of them didn't seem to care. Either that or they just didn't want to get involved. I tried to act like I didn't care, but deep down I felt a little guilty.

Whenever she looked in my direction, I kissed Teresa or touched her somehow to make her look away. I don't know what it was I was quite trying to accomplish, making her jealous, pushing her further away. Maybe I just wanted to make myself feel better for acting like such a dick. Whatever the reason I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I kept doing it anyway.

Working today, was kind of difficult because we both worked in the gardens. We actually specifically requested it so we could be around eachother more but now that's the complete opposite of what we want. So I worked as far away as I could from her.

"Hey Newtie" Teresa popped up next to me.

I flinched. I was surprised I reacted that way. Not because I got a fright. It was because, that's what Y/n used to call me. It felt weird coming from someone else other than her.

"Hi"

I caught Y/n watching us from the corner of her eye, trying not to make it too obvious. So I pulled Teresa in for a long, slow snog. But, when I closed my eyes, I thought of Y/n. Imagined I was kissing her soft, pink lips and I felt good again.

When I broke away, I sent Teresa back to her work and got on with my own.

I grabbed the bucket and headed into the deadheads to get some more fertiliser, when I heard someone talking. I followed the sound to see who it was. Y/n and Minho where sitting by a tree, talking. Quickly, I hid behind a tree to listen.

"I can't deal with this anymore" Y/n said " he was always there to drive them off but now he's not, the flirting is even worse"

"Hey, it's ok, I'm here for you" Minho reassured her.

"I know, thank you Min" She hugged him.

"Now no offence Y/n, I love what you're wearing but, maybe it's why the boys are giving you comments"

"Oh shut up Minho" She giggled.

She did look really nice, showing a lot more skin than usual, her cleavage visible. I felt myself getting a semi just looking at her. I couldn't deny, I missed her.

I left the deadheads quickly, heading back to Teresa's hut, she was already there, sitting on her bed. I ripped of my shirt, and started kissing her.

"Mmm Newt, warn me please" She said.

"Just shut up and let me get off"

As I kissed, I couldn't stop thinking about Y/n, imagining it was her instead of Teresa.

At one point, I accidentally moaned Y/n's name under my breath. But I'm pretty sure she heard because she stopped kissing me.

"Newt" she said " You're pretending I'm her aren't you?"

"I-"

"I knew it, You never wanted me, you still love her, don't you?"

"Yeah" I sighed " I'm sorry Teresa..."

"It's ok, I actually kind of like Thomas anyway"

"Wait really?"

"Yeah" she giggled shyly.

"You know, I'm pretty sure he likes you too"

"Does he?"

"Yeah, he never shuts up about you"

"Go Newt" She told me.

"What?"

"Go on, before it's to late"

"I think it's already too late, She doesn't want me now"

"Probably because she thinks you've moved on"

"Oh I've really fucked up haven't I?"

"Go on Newt, go get her back"

I didnt waste any time, so I left the hut and ran through the glade to find her. She was sitting with Minho and Thomas by the bonfire. I walked up to her and stood above her, she looked up at me then shuffled uncomfortably.

"Y/n we need to talk"

"No I don't think we do" She stood up trying to walk away.

I grabbed her arm to stop her. I remembered when I had done it before, when I slammed her into the wall the night we broke up.

"Get off me!" She squirmed.

"Y/n listen I never wanted Teresa! I pretended she was you so I didn't feel as shit! But it's not the same, I love you!"

She stopped fighting.

"You do?"

"I should never have done that, I was drunk, I'm sorry, just let me have another chance. I'll change I'll stop the drinking, I'll spend more time with you just please take me back"

She didn't have to say anything, I knew, so I kissed her.

I loved her.

And I would never make that same mistake again.