Newt- Rivals - part 4

My laptop clicked as I typed away. The amount of work we've been given is ridiculous. I know we're supposed do be doing our exams soon but this was too much. I was totally stressed from having to get this essay in by next week, plus all of ny other subjects. As I typed I heard a little tap sound that made me stop for a second. I didn't think much of it and continued working. But it came again. It sounded a bit like something hitting if ny bedroom window.

I put my laptop aside and went over to my window, drawing back the curtains to see what was making the noise. It was quite dark so it was hard to see but Newt, Thomas and Teresa where standing infront of my house. I opened my window wide.

"What are you doing?" I asked them.

"Sneaking out tonight remember?" Thomas responded.

"I can't get out my mums downstairs"

"Then climb out the window" Newt said.

"Oh wow thanks genius that's a completely safe idea!"

"Well have you got any better ideas?" He said.

I sighed. He was right. I had to go through the window if I was going to get out without getting caught.

"If I die I'm blaming you!" I called down.

I stepped out onto the part of the window that stuck out. When I was on it safely, I shut my window from the outside. Carefully, I held onto the drain pipe and slid down. I felt relief when my feet made contact with the floor.

"See your fine" Teresa said " let's go"

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"Ummm, Newt knows"

"It's just a little place I know, it's not far" He said.

We walked to the nearest bus stop and got on the bus. Sitting at the very back. It only took about ten minutes before we got off again.

Newt pleaded us through the dark until we got to a strange building. We all followed him up the outside stairs, stepping up higher and higher. Eventually we got to where the stairs ended. But we weren't at the top of the building. There was a wall, the side of the building.

"Here Teresa I'll help you over" said Thomas.

Thomas helped Teresa up and then got over himself leaving just me and Newt. I scanned the large wall, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get over it.

"Need some help?" Newt asked.

"No"

I took a couple of steps foward and stood infront of it.

"Here" he said.

He walked up behind me and placed his hands on either side of my hips. For a second I swear time slowed. The feeling of his hands on my was almost comforting yet foreign. He lifted me over and I hopped onto the top of the building. It was a large space, open to the air. Newt was last to climb over. Already Teresa and Thomas went over to a corner, talking and giggling, probably flirting.

I stood at the edge, feeling the cool breeze.

"So much for getting some alone time with them"

I turned around to see Newt standing there.

"Yeah" I sighed.

"Well, they'll come around eventually"

"Maybe. I think I'll just go"

"Why, we just got here?"

"There isn't much point in staying"

I walked away, back down the stone cold steps. Walking away from the mysterious building. I caught a bus back and walked the rest of the way home.

"Hey, pretty girl?" I heard someone shout.

I turned around to see who it was, it was a guy from my school, he looked drunk.

"Go away" I told him.

"Aww come on that's no fun"

"I said fuck off!"

He grabbed a hold of me, his grip firm like metal.

"That's no way to speak to someone little lady"

Someone's first collided with his face and he plummeted to the ground.

"Shit that hurt" the familiar voice said.

"Newt! What the fuck!" I said pushing his chest.

"I just saved you!"

"Are you following me?"

"No"

"Really? So you just so happened to be here at the same time as me?"

"So what?"

"God!"

"What did I do?" He asked.

"Your being nice to me that's what!why are you being so nice to me? We've hated eachother for like 11 years!"

"Maybe I don't want to hate you anymore" he said throwing his arms in the air as he spoke.

"What are you..."

He walked foward, grabbing my neck and pulling my lips to his. It was over in a second, I stood there in shock of what just happened.

He didn't say it do anything, he stood there infront of me. I could see his cold breath in the freezing air.

"What the fuck was the that!" I shouted " oh my god! I'm going home"

I ran the rest of the way home and had to climb back through the window. As soon as I got there I ripped off my clothes. Slipping on a t-shirt, not bothering to wear any pants, I would just sleep in my underwear. Protecting myself in the covers of my bed, I sobbed.

Why was I crying? I just got kissed by a cute guy. That wasn't exactly why I was crying. I was crying because the guy I had hated for 11 years just kissed me...

And I loved him...