Benny- Dada!

"I'm only going for the day Benny" She sighed putting her coat on.

"Why can't we drop her off at your mum's?"

"Because we can't take her to my mum's everytime I leave the house, you need to learn to look after her on your own"

"But she's a little angel with you and when you leave her with me she's a little shit!" I complained.

"Only because you let her get what she wants and no swearing Benny"

"Please don't leave me with her" I got on my knees pleading " please!"

"Benny, get off the floor"

"But baby!"

"No! You're going to have a nice day with her"

I wrapped my arms around her waist in an iron grip. She squirmed to get out of my grasp but I would let go.

"Benny! Let go!" She wriggled.

"No, you're not leaving me"

"Benny! I'm banning you from bedroom privileges"

I sighed letting go of her and pouting.

"That's not going to work, now look after her, I'll be back for tea"

She left me alone in the apartment to fend for myself. So I sat down at my chess board to keep myself distracted, when I heard the screaming.

I got up and went to Harriet's cot, picking her up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She didn't answer, she just kept screaming.

"What? I don't know!"

"Mummy!" She cried.

"Mummy isn't here it's just me"

"Banky!"

I grabbed her little white blanket handing it to her, which she took, snuggling into it.

How am I supposed to play chess now? Taking her towards my table, I sat her down on her little play mat while I went back to my chess board. Everything was going fine until she started crying at my feet.

"What now?"I asked picking her up and sitting her on my lap.

"Buba!" She said, knocking all my peices off the board.

"Hey! Harriet! No! Bad girl!"

She started crying again, quivering her little lip.

"Aww no I'm sorry" I hugged her " I didn't mean to yell at you"

"Bocks!" She said.

"Ok" I put her back down on her play mat and gave her, her building blocks.

She started playing happily so I went back to my board, having to set it up all over again. I managed to get some work done while she played, until she started pulling at my shirt.

"Dada! Dada!"

"Yes Harriet?"

I picked her up and plopped her on my lap. She sat on played with her blocks on my lap for a little while until she dropped them and reached up to my head to grab a fistfull of hair.

"OWW!" I yelped " NO!"

When managed to release her little death grip, she sat starting to cry again.

"Oh no, what's wrong" I bounced her on my knee "are you hungry?"

"Mink?" She asked.

"Ok, ok"