Newt - Hit list - part 3

Newts pov

"Guys look I want to find out who it is as much as you do but I dont think this is right" i said " we shouldn't really be invading her personal space"

"Come on Newt don't you wanna know who it is?" Askdd Minho.

"Yes but..."

"Then come on" said Gally pulling me foward.

"It's ok we'll be in and out" said Thomas.

We reached Y/n 's hut and stopped just infront of the door.

"Ok remember,we go in, find the journal, find out anymore clues to who this guy is and then we put it back and head straight out" said Minho.

We all nodded then went straight in. Y/n kept her room a lot tidier than mine. Everything was in it's own little place, perfectly positioned.

"Where did you find it last time?" I asked Minho.

"Under her bed but she probably moved it since I found it last time"

We looked around for any possible hiding place. She must have hid it very well because 10 minutes later we were still looking.

"Wait I think I've found it!" Said Thomas.

Thomas pulled the journal from under a lose floorboard.

"You have to admit she is very clever" said Gally.

We all walked over to Thomas and he flicked through the pages.

"There has to be something..."

He stopped flicking the pages and froze. His eyes looked so wide that they could pop out from his sockets.

"What?" Asked Minho.

" it says..."

He read from the lage loud and clearly.

" second in command"

They all turned to look at me.

I could not believe a single word that came out from Thomas' mouth.

It was me.

Y/n POV

I sat with chuck making some daisy chains when I spotted them from the corner of my eye.

The boys were chatting and they seemed to look very excited but annoyed at the same time.

They started heading in my direction and a though flew into my mind.

How close where they now?

My heart started racing as they walked closer. I tried to not make it obvious I was freaking out inside.

I felt a shadow block my sunlight and looked up to see all four boys standing infront of me.

" come to torture some information out of me" I laughed.

"No need" said Gally.

I looked at them with confusion. Minho threw a peice of paper at me. I opened the paper to see it was his list and all the names were crossed out but one.

Newts.

A wave a panick struck through me. They knew. What do I do now!

I crumpled up the paper and threw it into the small pond. I laid myself down on the grass and closed my eyes.

"Well?" said Minho

"What?" I asked him.

"Did we get it right?"

" I don't know you tell me"

" is it him or not" he asked a little annoyed now.

I stood up and walked right up to him.

"Maybe" I said " maybe not"

" it said in your journal he was second in command and there is only one person who has that position" said Thomas.

My expression faded. There was no getting out of this one now.

" I told you to keep out of my journal" I said.

" to late now we know" said Gally.

I glanced in Newts direction. His head was slightly downward and avoiding eye contact with me.

"Well" I said " I guess I've got nothing to hide now then"

I ran of into the deadheads not knowing what to do. I had no idea what I could do know. He knows I like him but he could never like me back .

I sat on the cold floor with my back resting against a tree trunk. I heard a twig snap and I turned to see Newt.

Great! Could this day get any worse!

He sat down next to me and didn't say anything.

"What do you want?" I asked breaking the silence.

He looked at me for a little before saying anything.

"It's ok" he said " I'm actually a little glad to know it's me"

"Why?"

"Because now I know the girl I like, likes me back"

I looked at him with shock in my eyes.

"What"

" the only reason the guys made it their mission to find out who you liked is because they knew I liked you" he said " and they wanted to find out if you did to"

I laughed. Ovcorse they would do something like that.

Newt looked into my eyes and leaned in closer to me. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I kissed back and put my hands in his hair as we kissed. It was the most relieving thing ever to finally know what it felt like.

We broke apart and I laid my head on his shoulder. His arm wrapped around my wait and his other hand laced with mine.

I finally felt happy to be with him.