Chapter 2

4 years later..

Andy had had a daughter, Camilla, and she was 3 and a half years old. Pruitt tried to help her as best she could but being both firefighters it was sometimes difficult. When Camilla was younger while they were on duty she was with Pruitt's partner Reggie. When Camilla turned 3 and started going to kindergarten, Pruitt made the decision to retire.

It had only been a week since the arrival of the new captain, but it was a tiring week for everyone, especially for Andy. Captain Robert Sullivan was a very private person who loved the rules. Since he arrived at the station, there were at least three uniform checks a day: the first was at the start of the shift, then at the middle of the shift and the last before the end of the shift. He never ate with the team and interacted little with them. The only times he showed up was when he had to give orders or when he went to the kitchen to get something, otherwise he would spend all his time locked up in his office. From the first moment he and Andy didn't get along very well even though there was something that attracted him. Andy's daughter had never been to the station that week, but Pruitt was forced to take her there that day. Pruitt and Camilla had entered without Sullivan seeing them and went upstairs where they were all gathered. As soon as Camilla saw her, her mother ran into her arms.

Andy: "What are you doing here?"

Camilla: "Grandfather brought me here because I have to be with you, he goes away"

Andy: "Is this the week you go on vacation?"

Pruitt: "Yes, didn't you remember?"

Andy: "No.. How soon are you leaving?"

Pruitt: "In a few hours. I know you have a 24 hour shift, I brought you some things from Cami"

Andy: "This is a big problem.. how do I do now? What if Sullivan sees it?"

Pruitt: "I'm sorry, but now I have to go"

Andy: "Ok, have fun"

Maya: "Don't worry Andy, all together we will find a solution. Somehow we all take turns keeping Cami for today while you look for a solution"

Andy: "Thanks, I don't know what to do without you"

They were all quiet in the kitchen sitting around the table trying to make a plan to keep Camilla at the station all day and looking for a solution for the next few days while the little girl was playing with Jack and Travis. While they were talking at one point they heard Sullivan coming and by instinct Andy hid his daughter under the table. When Sullivan walked in the door they all stopped talking and had strange faces. Sullivan tried to ask if anything had happened but everyone denied it. He was about to turn around to go get something to eat when he heard someone clinging to his leg. Sullivan looked down and Andy panicked, Cami had disappeared close to her and hoped she wasn't the one attached to Sullivan. Sullivan saw the little girl and bent down and took her in her arms and spoke to her in a very calm and sweet tone.

Sullivan: "Who is this little monkey that was attached to my leg?"

Camilla: "I'm Camilla, but you can call me Cami and I'm 3 years old and a little" she tried to do number three with her fingers, but she didn't do it well so Sullivan helped her. "Who are you?"

Sullivan: "I'm Robert Sullivan, the Captain"

Camilla: "Are you the bad Captain that my mother and my uncles say? You don't look bad to me" She told him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Sullivan: "Who is your mother?"

Camilla was about to answer when Andy approached them: "Captain I'm sorry for you, but for today I have to keep you here I have no one to take care of you. Cami come with me"