Chapter 149

Camilla and Nicolas told their parents about the news and the ride home was very quiet because Robert hadn't taken the news Camilla and Nicolas had told them very well. As soon as they arrived home, Robert got out of the car and went straight into the house without waiting for the rest of his family. Andy, Camilla and Nicolas also entered the house and the atmosphere there was still a bit strange.

Andy: "I'm going to talk to him" she told Camilla.

Camilla: "No, I'll go"

Andy: "Are you sure?" Camilla nodded and then went to find her father.

Nicolas: "I'm sorry I did everything secretly, but.."

Andy: "Why did you do it without telling us anything?"

Nicolas: "At that moment we didn't think about it, we followed what Pruitt and Ingrid always told us"

Andy: "What did they tell you?"

Nicolas: "They told us that if we were in the right place to do something, we should do it without thinking about the consequences" Andy smiled.

Andy: "This is something they've always told me too"

Nicolas: "Are you as angry as Robert is?"

Andy: "None of us are angry. We just never expected this"

Nicolas: "I know and I'm sorry that Cami and I kept it from you all these days"

Andy: "Don't worry" she replied smiling. "You're happy?"

Nicolas: "Yes" he replied with a huge smile.

Andy: "The important thing is this" Nicolas nodded.

In the meantime Camilla had found her father and got closer to him.

Camilla: "Dad.." she said approaching him. "can we talk?" Robert shook his head. "Please" she said, sitting next to him. "I'm sorry if Nico and I did everything secretly and didn't tell you anything, but.. we got carried away by the moment and.." Camilla took a deep breath. "While taking a walk we saw this very beautiful place and we followed something that our grandparents often told us" Robert turned towards his daughter. "We remembered all the times they told us that if we were in the right place to do something, we should do it without thinking about the consequences"

Robert: "It was something typical of your grandmother" Camilla nodded.

Camilla: "We found ourselves in front of this small church, it was beautiful and after we entered we asked if we could get married. We needed two witnesses so we made a video call with Sammy and Alexander"

Robert: "Did they know?" Camilla nodded. "And they managed not to say anything? Above all, was Sammy able to keep the secret?"

Camilla: "Apparently for once she managed not to say anything" they both gave a very small laugh. "Dad, I'm really sorry"

Robert: "I'm also sorry that I wasn't there at that moment. I always imagined that one day I would walk you down the aisle and.. well, now it won't be possible anymore"

Camilla: "That's something I would have wanted too. At that moment Nicolas and I only thought about ourselves and.. maybe what we did wasn't right"

Robert: "No, that's fine" he replied, hugging her daughter. "You followed excellent advice from your grandparents and if you are happy, that's fine" Camilla gave a tender kiss on her father's cheek.