Chapter 19

Robert had signed all the documents to be released from the hospital and finally go home and was waiting for someone to pick him up. He thought Andy was going to pick him up and take him home, but Luke had walked in through the door of his room.

Robert: "You're not Andy" he joked.

Luke: "I would say no! I know you would have expected Andy, but she and Cami are at home waiting for you"

Robert: "I just want to go home, I'm sick of staying in this place anymore"

Luke: "If you're ready let's go"

Meanwhile at home, Andy and Cami hung up the "Welcome Home" banner they had prepared and waited for Robert to come home.

On the way home from the hospital, Luke and Robert talked.

Luke: "I haven't had the opportunity to tell you these days, sorry"

Robert: "Sorry? For what? What have you done?"

Luke: "For telling Andy about your mother, maybe I shouldn't have"

Robert: "Ah, that! You did well and thanks for doing it. My mother knew about Andy and they met the other day. Andy forced me to call her to tell her about the accident and then they talked about her. Now she wants to meet Cami too"

Luke: "Did you tell your mother about them? How long?"

Robert: "Right away. When I started spending so much time with them and was happy I sometimes felt guilty. I felt like I was cheating on Claire and Isabel and I talked to my mom about it. You know I've always told her everything and she told me to be happy because I wasn't cheating on them and they just wanted to see me happy"

Luke: "That woman always had the right words to say on every occasion"

After a while they arrived home. Luke took Robert's things and helped him get out of the car and go to the two people who were at the door who were waiting for him. When Cami saw her father she was about to run towards him but Andy stopped her.

Andy: "Do you remember what I told you before?"

Camilla: "Yes, mommy, you repeated it to me many times. I have to be careful not to hurt him and I can't go into his arms because he has yet to heal. Can I go to daddy's now?"

Andy: "Go, but be careful"

Cami ran to Robert calling him dad and when she got to him she clung to Robert's legs. Robert was about to bend down to greet her but the little girl told him not to.

Camilla: "You can't bend down and you can't pick me up or my mother gets angry"

Robert smiled. "Did Mom say that?" Camilla nodded. "So let's go into the house so I can lie down on the sofa and hug you, okay?"

Camilla: "Yes, but take your time because you still have to heal"

At the door of the house was Andy and when Robert reached her they kissed and Luke and Cami went inside, leaving them alone for a moment.

Andy: "Welcome home, osito"

Robert: "Thanks. I thought you forgot that nickname"

Andy: "No, I like it, but if you don't like it.."

Robert: "I only like it because you say so"

Andy: "I love you osito"

Robert: "I love you too"