Chapter 7

Although Camilla's fever showed no sign of abating, she slept quite quietly all night unlike her mother. She has been up most of the night and rather worried, but she has been able to rely on Robert. He had told her that if she needed anything she could call him and so she had. Usually when the child was sick there was Pruitt who helped her, but this time she couldn't since he wasn't very well either. Andy and Robert had been on the phone a lot, there were long minutes where neither of them spoke, but they were both still there. The phone call ended when the alarm went off at the station and Robert had to leave. After talking to him Andy was able to sleep a few hours until Camilla woke up and went to wake up her mother because she was not very well.

Camilla: "Mom are you awake?"

Andy: "I'm awake. How do you feel?"

Camilla: "My stomach still hurts and I'm so cold"

Andy: "Come under the covers with me"

Camilla stood next to her mother and curled up beside her. "Sully hasn't arrived yet? He said that when I woke up he was here"

Andy looking at his watch. "His shift isn't over yet. Do you want to eat something?"

Camilla: "Okay, I'll wait. I'm not very hungry. Can I turn on the TV?"

Andy: "Ok, but then you'll have to eat something because you have to take the medicine for the fever"

Camilla: "Okay"

Shortly before the end of the shift, Robert had called Andy to find out about the baby first and then to ask if she needed anything. She replied that she didn't need anything, she would go shopping in the afternoon if she could find someone to stay with Camilla while she was out. Robert then, before showing up at their house, had passed by the supermarket and had bought a few things, by now spending a lot of time with them he had understood what their tastes were. Once he bought everything he went to them. Andy heard someone knock on the door while Camilla was still in her mother's bed watching TV.

Robert: "Good morning"

Andy: "Good morning" she said smiling.

Robert: "I know you told me you didn't need anything, but I did some shopping for you anyway so you won't have to go out later and you can stay with your little girl"

Andy: "Thank you, you were very kind even though you shouldn't have"

Robert: "It wasn't a problem" then he looks around for Camilla.

Andy noticed that he was looking for the baby. "She is in my bed watching TV, if you want you can go to her"

Robert: "May I?"

Andy: "Sure, she's been waiting for you ever since she woke up. My room is down the hall. Meanwhile, I arrange the shopping and prepare something for breakfast. Have you already had breakfast?"

Robert: "No, as soon as the shift was over I came to you"

Robert went to the baby while Andy was sorting out the groceries and making breakfast for all three of them. As soon as Robert entered the bedroom, Camilla saw him smile.

Camilla: "Hi Sully"

Robert: "Good morning muñequita. How are you?"

Camilla: "Not very well"

Robert: "What do you say if we go for breakfast? Mom is preparing something"

Camilla: "But I'm not hungry"