Chapter 62

Vic and Luke's big wedding day had arrived and they were all very excited. They had all left the house very early in order to reach the place of the ceremony and the party in order to prepare calmly. The place that Vic and Luke had chosen for their day was a farmhouse surrounded by greenery that they had decorated in a very romantic way. They had all arrived at the farm together, but once they arrived, the men and women separated. The men got dressed fast enough and in the free time they had left they started laughing and joking with Luke and were having fun. That was a way to calm Luke down a bit since he was quite nervous. On the other side of the farm, however, the girls needed much more time to get ready. Ingrid, after putting on her dress, helped Camilla wear her pink princess dress. After Camilla put on her dress, she started running back and forth across the room telling her mother and Vic and Maya to look at how cute she looked in that dress. Of course they all paid a lot of compliments to the little girl and after Andy and Maya put on their clothes, they started helping Vic. Vic had a cream-colored dress that suited the kind of ceremony she and Luke had organized. The dress had a fairly deep neckline in the front decorated with lace and was tight at the waist and then fell softly along her body.

Andy: "Vic, you look beautiful" she said, moved.

Maya: "You are wonderful"

Camilla: "Wow Aunt Vic, you are really very beautiful"

Ingrid: "The girls are right, you are a beautiful bride"

Vic: "Thank you all" she replied, smiling, even though they noticed she was a bit sad.

Ingrid: "What's going on, Vic? Aren't you happy?"

Vic: "I'm glad, but on this day I wish my parents were here. I wish my father would walk me down the aisle, but it's not possible. A bloody accident many years ago took my parents away from me"

Ingrid: "Oh, dear, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your parents would have been proud of the wonderful woman you've become" she said hugging Vic. "Remember that you will never be alone, there are so many people who love you and today you will not go to Luke alone"

Andy: "My father could accompany you"

Vic: "Pruitt no. He should only accompany you one day, but thanks for the thought Andy"

Ingrid: "I will accompany you, it will be an honor to do so"

Camilla: "I also want to accompany Aunt Vic"

Vic: "Thank you Ingrid, I would love to" then she turned to Camilla. "But you'll be in front of me. Have you already forgotten that you have to throw the flower petals? You insisted so much to do it"

Camilla: "Ohh, it's true, I forgot"

Ingrid: "Now that it's all resolved, no more tears otherwise all your makeup will go away" they all laughed and kept preparing.

Despite everyone trying to distract Luke, he kept getting nervous and started walking back and forth around the room.

Robert: "Calm down, if you continue like this you will dig a groove in the floor" he joked.

Luke: "I can't stand still. What if I forget the words of the promises I wrote?"

Robert: "If you forget, I'll pass you the paper where you wrote it"

Pruitt intervened. "If you forget the words, look Vic in the eyes and the words will come out of your mouth. That's what I did on my wedding day with Andy's mother"

Travis: "Pruitt always has a solution for everything"

Luke: "Thank you" then he turned to Robert. "Is everything ready outside?"