Chapter 95

It had been four weeks since school started and one day when Robert came home after picking up Camilla from school, he found Andy doing something strange. Robert, seeing what Andy was doing, without saying anything left the house, started the car and drove away. Camilla went to her mother and Andy, not seeing Robert, asked her daughter where he was.

Andy: "Do you know where dad went?"

Camille: "No"

Andy: "Ok, I'll try to call him"

While Andy picked up the phone to call Robert, Camilla started playing with her little brother. Since he was learning to walk, Camilla tried to help him take his first steps. Andy called Robert while she was keeping tabs on her kids.

Andy: "Where are you? Why did you leave?"

Robert: "I'm buying something, I'll be back soon"

Andy: "Did something happen?"

Robert: "No, but as soon as I get back we need to talk. Can you tell your father and my mother to stay with the children?"

Andy: "Yeah, but.. now I'm getting worried. Are you angry with me?"

Robert: "No, I'm not angry. I'll see you soon"

After they hung up, Robert bought what he needed and then went home. Meanwhile Andy had asked Ingrid and Pruitt if they could stay with the children while she and Robert talked. Ingrid asked Andy if everything was okay and she said yes. As soon as Robert entered the house, Andy noticed that he was holding a bag in his hand and he motioned for her to follow him to their room.

Andy: "Now tell me what's going on? And where have you been?"

Robert: "I went to the pharmacy to buy these" he said, emptying the bag onto the bed.

Andy: "Pregnancy test? Who are they for?"

Robert: "For you"

Andy: "Do you think I might be pregnant?"

Robert: "I don't think so, I'm sure"

Andy: "How can you be so sure?"

Robert: "Because earlier when I got home you were eating mint chocolates. You ate those chocolates when you were pregnant last time"

Andy: "And you ran away from home for this reason? You could have told me first and then gone out and bought a pregnancy test. Indeed.. you bought as many as seven"

Robert: "It's just to be sure of the result and then I didn't know which one to buy so I took tests of every brand there was" he replied approaching his wife and she gave a small laugh. "Do you want to take the test now?"

Andy: "Yes. Would you like another child?"

Robert: "I would love to. We had already talked about it and I haven't changed my mind" he replied with a sweet smile.

Andy: "I remember that. Don't you think it's too soon? Alexander isn't even a year old"

Robert: "It's not too soon, but.. if the tests come back positive it would mean that the precautions we took didn't work"

Andy: "Here.. do you remember our evening in the garden hut and the following days?" Robert nodded. "I forgot to take my pill, so.."

Robert: "Oh. And why didn't you tell me?"

Andy: "I was afraid you might get angry and then I thought that if you skipped the pill for so few days, nothing could happen"

Robert: "I would never get angry about something like that. I probably would have told you to keep not taking them" he replied hugging his wife. "But to be sure, you should take the test"