Chapter 56

As soon as they walked out into the garden, Andy couldn't believe what she was seeing and was moved. Robert had asked his mother for help in preparing a picnic in their backyard so that they could spend a quiet evening together. Since she Andy had found out she was pregnant, so many bad things had happened and they had not enjoyed those moments of happiness, but now Robert wanted to make up for it and would do anything to make Andy and their baby happy. Ingrid, Pruitt and Camilla had spent all afternoon organizing what Robert had asked for. They had put a large blanket and lots of colorful pillows on the lawn, they had put up lights for when the sun went down and Ingrid had cooked Andy's favorite dishes.

Robert: "Why are you crying? You do not like it?"

Andy: "What? No, it's all so beautiful" she said and then gave him a kiss. "What is all this for? Did I forget something?"

Robert: "You haven't forgotten anything, I just want to see you happy"

Andy: "Being with you makes me happy"

Robert: "I am happy with you too, but now I would like to ask you something.." Andy was ready to answer with a big yes to Robert's proposal, but that's not what Robert had in mind to ask her. "Would you like to spend the whole evening with us having a picnic in our garden?"

Andy was surprised by Robert's question and she took a few seconds to answer. "Yes, of course I want to spend the evening with you" she replied with a big smile.

Camilla: "There are also your favorite flowers, I went with my grandmother to pick them" she said, returning to her parents holding a flower for her mother.

Andy: "Thank you for her" she said to her daughter and then kissed her on the cheek.

Ingrid and Pruitt approached the three of them because they wanted to leave them alone.

Ingrid: "Now enjoy the evening, we'll go away"

Andy: "Why are you leaving?" then she turned to Robert. "Did you tell him to leave?"

Robert: "I didn't do anything"

Ingrid: "It's not Robert's fault, it was our decision"

Andy: "But you all worked so hard to organize all this"

Pruitt: "Andy.. we have been very happy to help Robert, so enjoy this beautiful evening just the three of you together"

Andy: "Are you sure?"

Ingrid: "Don't worry, we're sure. We are all together, it's only fair that the three of you spend time alone together. We'll see you tomorrow and take Rex with us too. Enjoy the evening"

Andy: "Ok"

After Pruitt and Ingrid left, Andy and Camilla sat on the cushions on the floor while Robert went to get food for his girls.

Camilla: "Mommy, did you like the surprise that dad gave?"

Andy: "Yes" she replied smiling as she hugged the little girl.

Camilla: "This afternoon I also helped my grandmother to cook and every now and then I passed food to Rex too" she said laughing. "And then Rex was licking my face. It was a lot of fun" she went on to say happy.

Andy: "I'm glad you enjoyed your grandparents and Rex" she replied with a smile. "Will you come with me tomorrow, Aunt Vic and Aunt Maya?"

Camilla: "Where?"

Andy: "We have to go and try on the wedding dress for the last time"

Camilla: "Ahhh. No, I can't come with you mommy"