Chapter 131

Summer was almost over and for Nicolas that was his last day of work at the park kiosk. In the previous days Nicolas had thought of doing something nice for the rest of the family since in that period they had helped him and welcomed him into the family. With Camilla's help, Nicolas would go shopping and then prepare dinner for everyone. Camilla had gone to the park that afternoon and once Nicolas finished work, they went shopping together. Nicolas and Camilla had bought everything they needed to prepare the foods that the rest of the family loved to eat and then once they got home they started cooking. Camilla had asked her grandparents if they could take Samantha and Alexander away from home so that dinner would be a surprise for everyone.

Nicolas: "Do you think that's enough to thank your parents for helping me?"

Camilla: "Yes, even if there was no need for you to do all this" she replied giving him a tender kiss. "They helped you because they love you and because they consider you part of this family" Nicolas nodded. "You do not have to worry"

Nicolas: "Ok" he replied, drawing Camilla towards him. "I love you" he said giving her a kiss.

Camilla: "I love you too" she replied kissing him. "Since the food is cooking here and it still takes a while before it's ready, how about we go and take a shower?" she said looking at him mischievously.

Nicolas: "It's an offer I can't refuse" he replied smiling.

Camilla took Nicolas' hand and then they went to the bathroom to take a shower. Both Camilla and Nicolas got carried away by passion and, after enjoying themselves in the shower, they dressed quickly and went back to the kitchen. When the rest of the family got home, Nicolas and Camilla were finishing putting the food on the table and everyone was pleasantly surprised.

Andy: "Wow, did you prepare everything yourself?"

Camilla: "Yes" she replied smiling.

Nicolas: "I thought I'd make dinner to thank you for all your help"

Andy: "You were very kind, but there was no need for all this"

Robert: "You are part of this family"

Nicolas: "I know, but I still liked doing something for all of you"

Robert: "We really appreciate it" he replied giving him a light pat on the shoulder.

Samantha: "Are you sure everything is edible? Can you cook?" she asked jokingly.

Nicolas: "Don't worry, everything is edible" he replied with a very small laugh.

After they all sat down at the table, they started eating and complimented Nicolas and Camilla on what they had prepared because everything was really very good. Nicolas had confessed that he had learned many things from Ingrid because he had seen her cook and had remembered every step. At the end of the dinner there was also a chocolate cake to eat and both Nicolas and Camilla hoped it was good.

Nicolas: "I don't know if it's as good as Ingrid's, but we tried"

Ingrid: "I'm sure she'll be delicious" she replied smiling and then she ate a piece of cake. "You did a great job, it's perfect"

Nicolas: "Thank you"

Pruitt: "The whole dinner was very good indeed. Are you ready to go back to school? Few days left"

Samantha: "Absolutely not, these holidays didn't last too long" they laughed.

Alexander: "I can't wait to go back to school, I like it"