Chapter 132

Robert, Camilla and Andy, when they saw Miranda coming to them, became concerned because it seemed that Miranda did not bring good news.

Robert: "What happened? How is Nico?" he asked as soon as Miranda got to them.

Miranda: "It was a very long and complicated surgery. Her leg was fractured in several places, the surgeon had to put many screws in it so that his fractures healed properly. It will take a few months before he can walk again, but he is a strong young boy and I am sure he will recover soon" Robert, Andy and Camilla breathed a sigh of relief because they had assumed the worst, but in the end, despite the situation was difficult, they were happy that Nicolas was alive. "Is there anyone in your family we can call?"

Robert: "We are his family, he's been living with us for over a year now" Miranda nodded. "Can we see him?"

Miranda: "He has yet to wake up from after the operation, but at the moment only one person can enter his room"

Camilla: "I want to go there"

Miranda: "I know you're worried, but trust me it's best that you go to him when he's awake. He's still hooked up to some cars and your mom or dad better be there because he might not be happy when you wake up"

Camilla: "So he could hate me because I can get into the academy and he can't?"

Andy: "Nico will never hate you, but he maybe he might not take it well at first"

Camilla: "I understand" then she turned to her father. "You should go to him" Robert nodded.

Miranda accompanied Robert to Nicolas while Camilla stayed with her mother. When Robert entered the room where Nicolas was, he pulled up a chair and sat next to his bed. After about ten minutes, Nicolas slowly started to open his eyes and looked quite confused.

Robert: "Hey, slow down, you just woke up"

Nicolas: "Am I in the hospital?"

Robert: "Yes. Do you remember that you had an accident?" Nicolas nodded. "You underwent surgery on your leg because it was fractured in several places"

Nicolas: "And is it serious?"

Robert: "They put some screws so that the bone can regenerate in the best way, but it will take some time before it recovers 100%"

Nicolas: "I understand" he answered a little sadly. "That means I won't be able to enter the academy this year, right?"

Robert: "I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait for next year"

Nicolas: "I'll try next year as long as I can recover"

Robert: "I'm sure you'll make it" he replied trying to reassure Nicolas. "Would you like to call your father to tell her you are in the hospital?"

Nicholas: "No. Since she kicked me out of the house, she has never returned my calls or texts. Does Cami know I had an accident?"

Robert: "Yes. She's out here with Andy. I'm going to go get a doctor now so she can check you out and then I'll let Cami in, okay?" Nicolas nodded.

Robert looked for Miranda, told her that Nicolas had woken up and then joined Andy and Camilla. Robert told them that Nicolas was awake and that as soon as Miranda left his room, all three of them could enter his room. Miranda checked Nicolas' parameters, she then said a few things to him and then when she walked out of the room, she told Camilla, Andy and Robert that they could go to him. Andy and Robert let Camilla in first so the two of them had a few minutes alone.