Chapter 20

Robert's night had been a bit complicated, he had spent most of his time awake due to some twinges of pain he had when he tried to change position in bed. He had resisted the pain as much as possible without taking painkillers, but at some point he was forced to take them if he wanted to get some sleep. On the contrary, Andy had slept peacefully all night. In the morning, Robert since he was awake, decided to turn off the alarm to keep Andy sleeping and go and wake the baby up and prepare her for Pruitt's arrival so that he could take her to kindergarten. She was about to get out of bed, but at that precise moment Andy woke up.

Andy: "Hey, where are you going?"

Robert: "I'm going to wake up Cami"

Andy: "The alarm went off and I didn't hear it?"

Robert: "Since I was awake, I turned it off before it rang so you could continue sleeping, but I see it didn't help"

Andy: "Thanks for the thought, but you are the one who has to rest. So now you go straight back to bed and I'm going to wake up and prepare Cami"

Robert: "I'll come with you to wake her up, I'm sick of always staying in bed"

Andy: "She does as you please, but then don't complain about the pain"

Andy, since she had slept wearing only a thong, put on a top and sweatpants and together with Robert they went to Cami's room and gently woke her up. As soon as she opened her eyes, the little girl saw them both and was happy.

Robert: "Good morning muñequita"

Camilla: "Good morning dad and mom"

Andy: "Good morning my baby"

Camilla: "Dad?"

Robert: "Tell me"

Camilla: "Shouldn't you stay in bed and rest to get well?"

Robert: "After I rest, I wanted to come and wake you up"

Camilla: "But you don't get well in this way"

Roberto: "Don't worry, I'm already healing"

Camilla: "Mommy you have to convince dad to go back to bed so she gets better"

Andy turns to Robert. "Have you heard from your daughter?"

Roberto: "Ok, ok, message received, I'll go back to bed"

Robert even though he didn't want to went back to bed and Andy prepared his daughter for Pruitt's arrival. Camilla was finishing breakfast when Pruitt arrived and before taking the child to her kindergarten she left some food so that she had lunch ready for her and Robert. As soon as Pruitt and Camilla left the house, Andy put Robert's breakfast on a tray and brought it to him.

Andy: "I brought you breakfast"

Robert: "Thanks, but first come closer" and he gave her a kiss. "Now it's better"

Andy: "How did you spend the night? Did you sleep well?"

Robert: "I slept little. I was in a bit of pain, I tried not to take any painkillers but in the end I had to take it. It is so uncomfortable to sleep in only one position and not be able to hug you all night. I can't sleep on my left side because the wound bothers me, I can't sleep on my right side because I have a cast on my arm and you moved away from me before falling asleep"

Andy: "I'm sorry. I didn't want to sleep too much on you so as not to bother you and for fear of hurting you. I promise you that tonight I'll stick to you until you get tired of me"